Monday 14 May 2018

Floral Just For You Birthday Card

The SU! 'Petal Potpourri' set was still out on my desk so I thought I'd ink it up to create a birthday card to go in my stash.

Lemon Lime Twist is becoming a favourite colour of mine but Berry Burst is my absolute favourite colour from the SU! In Colours introduced last year and they look fab when paired together.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I stamped just the words portion of the sentiment (from the SU! 'You're So Sweet' set) and cut that out using a cross stitched rectangle die.  I used Berry Burst ink full strength and stamped off once to get the two different shades of the flowers.  One of the flowers in the 'Petite Petals' set goes really well with the flower I chose from the 'Petal Potpourri' set so I used that as a flower centre for my large blooms.  After stamping the flowers I punched them all out, snipped between the petals and did some shaping.  I stamped two large flowers in Lemon Lime Twist ink, punched those out and snipped a few petals out to act as leaves.  I added pearls to the flower centres and popped both flowers up.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  I used the envelope punch board to make the envelope with a piece of 'Fresh Florals' DSP and added a strip of Lemon Lime Twist CS.  I die cut the sweet little bow from the SU! 'Mini Treat Bag' die set, glued it to the die cut stitched rectangle die cut and popped the rectangle up.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Petal Potpourri', 'Petite Petals' & 'You're So Sweet' sets, Dovecraft 'Floral Muse' set
CS: SU! Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Fresh Florals' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Berry Burst & Lemon Lime Twist
Tools: SU! 'Flower Medallion' & 'Petite Petals' punches, SU! 'Mini Treat Bag' die set, Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame' rectangle die set, Marianne Design Craftable 'Basic Stitch Passepartout Rectangle' die set, SU! Envelope Punch Board
Embellishments & accessories: SU! pearls, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10