Friday 27 April 2018

Petal Palette Bridge Fold/U Fold Birthday Card

It was my lovely friend Lesley's birthday on Thursday and this is the bridge fold (also known as a U fold) card I made for her using the SU! Petal Passion suite of products.  Inspiration came from Pinterest so huge thanks to Lyssa Zwolanek Griffin who made this lovely card and provided a fab tutorial.  I tweaked the size a bit and made a card with a finished size of 5 3/4" square.

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's a view from the top so you can see the dimension the bridge/U fold card has when it's on display.


Here's the card. The patterned paper in the suite is all black and white and you can leave it as it is or add some colour which is what I chose to do.  I used Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist inks and a blender pen to colour the flowers and leaves paper and I added Lemon Lime Twist ink to the paper on the inside panels using a brayer.  I stamped the roses image onto watercolour paper in black ink, heat embossed with clear powder and used inks and an Aquapainter to colour the image.  I coloured the birdie with inks and a blender pen.  The sentiment oval, roses and birdie are all popped up.


I put a panel on the back as a place to write my message as that's easier than writing on the front after the bridge fold card is assembled!


The great thing about these bridge fold cards is that they fold flat to go inside an envelope.  


I made an envelope using the Envelope Punch Board and chose to leave this patterned paper plain - a tad time consuming to colour the entire envelope I thought!  I added Berry Burst ribbon and a strip of Lemon Lime Twist CS to a piece of Basic Black CS, glued that to the front of the envelope and popped up the name label.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Petal Palette', 'Birthday Blooms' & 'Cake Soiree' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist & Whisper White, watercolour paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Petal Passion' DSP
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Berry Burst & Lemon Lime Twist, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: SU! 'Petals & More' & 'Stitched Shape' die sets, SU! 'Modern Label' punch, Envelope Punch Board, heat tool, Aquapainter, blender pen
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Berry Burst ribbon,  clear embossing powder, Dimensionals, black nailheads

Ruth

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

How lovely and clever the way in which it folds down.
TFS. Cxxx

BeverlyBL said...

I love this. It is soo pretty! Thanks for the tutorial.

Holly said...

I LOVE your card! I can't wait to make on efor my sister's birthday! Thanks for the great idea! This is my all time favorite stamp and die set that Stampin up has made!

01 09 10