Wednesday 14 February 2018

Gems & Hearts With Love Valentine's Card

This is the card I made for Owen for Valentine's Day.  I had no clear plan when I sat down to create, I just knew I wanted to use stamps from the SU! 'You're So Sweet' set and matching dies from the 'Mini Treat Bag' die set.  I chose the patterned paper and that led to my colour combo of Night of Navy and Lemon Lime Twist.

Here's the card and envelope front.


Here's the card front.  I made a 5 1/4" Night of Navy card base and added three mat layers using Lemon Lime Twist CS, Night of Navy CS and the gems patterned paper from the SU! 'Naturally Eclectic' DSP pack.  I die cut a heart from the patterned paper layer, glued the paper heart onto a CS die cut heart and popped that up on a double layer of Dimensionals. I stamped the 'With Love' onto the Night of Navy heart in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with white powder.  The Lemon Lime and Night of Navy hearts are popped up on a single layer of Dimensionals.  I added a Night of Navy CS strip towards the top of the card, stamped and die cut the 'Just For You' banner and popped that up.  I completed the card front by adding a few small die cut hearts.


Here's the inside of the card.  I used Tim Holtz alphabet stickers to create the sentiment and added gems that I'd fussy cut from the patterned paper.  I used the hearts border die on the bottom of the white panel to add an extra touch of detail.


Here's the front of the envelope.


Here's the envelope flap with a stamped and die cut heart and small die cut hearts.


What a pleasure to snatch some time in my craft room to just play and create, I had a very happy time making this card!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'You're So Sweet' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Lemon Lime Twist & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Naturally Eclectic' DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy, VersaMark
Tools: SU! 'Mini Treat Bag' Thinlits die set, 'Stitched Shape' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: Tim Holtz 'Label Letters' stickers, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10