Friday 1 September 2017

Embossed Silver Heart Happy Anniversary Card

I have been so ill with a nasty cough and virus for the last 2 weeks which meant that due to being completely wiped out and feeling really unwell I have done absolutely nothing at all.  It was our wedding anniversary this week and, of course, I wasn't prepared and hadn't made a card in good time.  Working on the 'better late than never' principle I finally managed to spend some time in my craft room to make a card for Owen.

The SU! Memories and More 'Color Theory Card Pack' proved really useful and enabled me to create the card without having to think too much, thank goodness!  Once I'd chosen the elements from the card pack I made a Berry Burst mini gift bag as an envelope and made a card base to fit inside measuring 5" x 3 1/2".  To decorate the gift bag envelope I die cut the heart border from a strip of white CS, adhered a piece of white CS behind and inlaid silver foil hearts into the strip.  I offset two 'for you' die cuts to give a shadow effect.  Here's the card and the gift bag envelope together.


Here's just the card.  I attached the circle paper panel to the background panel using brads before adhering the whole thing to the front of the card base.  I die cut a silver foil heart and embossed it with the 'Falling Petals' embossing folder.  I cut two plain white hearts as well and stacked all three hearts together for dimension and I popped up the heart.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment banner, offsetting a silver foil banner behind the white one and popped that up also.


Here's the inside of the card.


Late though it was, at least Owen got a hand made anniversary card!

Supplies:
Stamps: 'Happy Anniversary' sentiment from SU! 'Cheer and Wishes' set, 'All My Love'  from 'Sincere Sentiments' magazine freebie set
CS: SU! Berry Burst & Whisper White, SU! silver foil, SU! Memories & More 'Color Theory Card Pack'
Ink: SU! Berry Burst
Tools: SU! 'Falling Petals' embossing folder, 'Mini Treat Bag' Thinlits die set, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: silver brads, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10