Sunday 20 August 2017

Whitewashed Wood Background Tree Happy Christmas Card

This card is my CASEd version of a card shown on page 137 of the SU! 2017 - 2018 Annual Catalogue.  My friend Jan was part way through her version of this card when I called round to drop off her SU! order.  I thought it would be fun to also have a go at the design and then compare versions afterwards!

For the whitewashed wood background, I embossed a panel of Crumb Cake CS with the 'Pinewood Planks' embossing folder and applied Whisper White Craft ink over the top using a brayer.  I heat set the ink using a heat tool, added the ribbon and glued the panel to the front of an A6 sized Crumb Cake card base.  The catalogue card has a silver metallic doily but I substituted a fabulous silver foil snowflake - a new embellishment that will be available from the upcoming SU! 2017 Autumn/Winter catalogue - there's 24 snowflakes in a pack, 12 silver and 12 gold!

I cut the snowflake in half and adhered it to a die cut Whisper White circle so that the snowflake showed up better.  I stamped and heat embossed the tree with white embossing powder on a panel of Tranquil Tide CS, added some silver sequins and popped the Tranquil Tide panel up.  I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with an oval 'Stitched Shapes' die and popped that up to finish the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lovely as a Tree', 'Labels to Love' & 'Greetings of the Season' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Tranquil Tide & Whisper White Craft ink
Tools: SU! 'Pinewood Planks' Dynamic embossing folder, 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die set, brayer, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Whisper White embossing powder, Whisper White & silver metallic ribbon, Foil Snowflake, silver sequins, Dimensionals


Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10