Thursday 6 July 2017

Tea Bag Sachet Gift Box - Holds 4 Tea Bag Sachets

A couple of months ago one of my card group ladies, Margaret, brought along to group a tea bag gift box she'd purchased and she wondered if we could make one at card group.  I asked to borrow it and said I'd have a go at making one myself first.  I didn't have time to have a go before last month's card group meeting and I didn't want to leave it for another month so I made sure I made a box before our July meeting!  I took it along and the ladies loved it so we'll be making one at next month's card group meeting.

Here are a few photos of the box Margaret bought.


Pieces of concertina folded acetate hold the tea bag sachets in place.


The back of the box.


The box is held closed by self adhesive hook and loop dots.


Here's a side view of the open box.  There are 4 Twinings fruit infusions tea bag sachets inside.


I measured the box and score lines, jotted the details down and got creating.  The box is made using one sheet of A4 (or US Letter size) CS and is very easy to make.  A few cuts, a few scores, adhering pieces together and this neat little package is all done!  I prefer to work in inches as I can see the imperial increments better than I can see metric millimeters!  However, I wanted to include measurements for a metric version of the box here on my blog as well.  So choose whichever you prefer from the two sets of measurements below.     

MEASUREMENTS IMPERIAL:
  1. Cut CS to 10 1/2" x 3 1/4" (for the box) and score this piece at 3 1/2", 4 1/2", 8" & 9".
  2. Cut 2 pieces of CS to 7" x 2 1/2" (for the concertina sides) and score these pieces at 1/2", 1 1/4" 2", 2 3/4", 3 1/2" 4 1/4", 5", 5 3/4" & 6 1/2".
MEASUREMENTS METRIC:
  1. Cut CS to 27 x 8.3 cms (for the box) and score this piece at 9, 11.5, 20.5 & 22.5 cms.
  2. Cut 2 pieces of CS to 19 x 6 cms (for the concertina sides) and score these pieces at 1.5, 3.5, 5.5, 7.5, 9.5, 11.5, 13.5, 15.5 & 17.5 cms.
ONCE YOU'VE CUT & SCORED, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
  1. Cut patterned paper panels/stamped panels to fit the front, back, top and front flap sections of the box and adhere in place.
  2. Tie ribbon round the front of the box if desired.  
  3. Concertina fold the two side pieces and adhere these to the box.  I found it easier to do one side at a time.  I applied strong adhesive tape to the back tab of one piece and adhered that, then I applied tape to the back tab of the other side and adhered that.  Then I applied tape to both of the front tabs and carefully lined up the top of the front panel of the box with the score line at the top of the back of the box before pressing down to adhere.
  4. Embellish the front flap as desired and apply self adhesive hook and loop (Velcro) dots to keep the box closed.  Magnets would work too.  
I started off by choosing some pretty floral paper from the SU! 'Delightful Daisy' DSP pack and I chose my Calypso Coral, Night of Navy and Pool Party colour combo from the DSP.  I made the box and concertina sides from Calypso Coral CS.


Margaret's purchased box had acetate concertina sides but I find CS much easier to score than acetate so I stuck with CS for the concertina side pieces.


Pieces of the pretty floral paper decorate the back and top of the box as well as the front of the box.


The self adhesive hook and loop dots came from Wilko and they hold the box closed beautifully.


Here's the box filled, ready to be closed and presented.  I'm chuffed how this project turned out and now I know the boxes are easy to make I'll be making more for sure!   


Here are the tea bag sachets that are inside.  They are from a box of 20 Twinings Fruits Selection - currently available from Tesco at half price!  


I'm attending a Slimming World group and each week I take something along to go in the Slimmer of the Week basket.  I made another box using different patterned papers and colours and placed the same selection of fruit flavoured tea bags inside.  So this box is what I popped into the basket this week.  


I placed an online order at Twinings for a box of their Classics Selection 'cos I know not everyone enjoys fruit teas and some people would prefer to receive proper 'normal' tea!  I quite like different teas and because I'm following Slimming World I've tried more varieties recently.  A current fave is the Cherry Bakewell green tea.  When I visited the Twinings website I was tickled to discover their Pick and Mix option where you can buy individual tea bags - what a great way to try something new without having to buy a whole box of a flavour you might not enjoy!  I chose a few different individual flavour tea bags (including Nutty Chocolate flavour Assam) and my Twinings package arrived today so I'm looking forward to tasting the different teas!  

Supplies for the coral box:
Stamps: SU! 'Label Me Pretty' & 'Birthday Blooms' sets
CS: SU! Calypso Coral & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Delightful Daisy' DSP
Ink: SU! Calypso Coral & Night of Navy
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, SU! 'Pretty Label' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party ruched ribbon, SU! Dimensionals, gold sequins, self adhesive hook and loop dots


Supplies for the plum box:
Stamps: SU! 'Label Me Pretty' & 'Birthday Blooms' sets
CS: SU! Sweet Sugarplum & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Succulent Garden' DSP
Ink: SU! Sweet Sugarplum & Sahara Sand
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, SU! 'Pretty Label' & 'Bitty Butterfly' punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Mint Macaron ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

1 comment:

Helen said...

These are really lovely, Ruth :)

01 09 10