Wednesday 14 June 2017

Lift Me Up Set Of Birthday Cards & Pen - CRUK Tombola Prize

Wilko are keen to do their bit to support various charities which I think is brilliant.  Each Wilko store supports a different charity each year and the Burgess Hill store where I work is now supporting Cancer Research U.K.  I'm always very happy to get involved with charity fundraising, but I'm especially happy if it's for Cancer Research U.K. as that's a cause very close to my heart.   I'm sure everyone has a family member or friend that has been affected by this dreadful disease.  My hubby Owen had a cancerous brain tumour many years ago which was successfully operated on and treated and we are both so, so grateful for that and we have supported this charity ever since.

Our fundraising weekend at Wilko Burgess Hill consisted of a cake sale, tombola, static bike ride and a guess the number of sweeties in a jar competition.  My friend Eileen and I were outside the store selling the cakes, tombola tickets and competition entries.  We also took our turns on the static bike and cheered everyone else on while they were having a turn.  It was great fun and we raised a lot more than our target so we were absolutely delighted!

Owen and I baked a few goodies to sell and I also donated a few prizes for the tombola.  For one of the tombola prizes I decided to make a set of six birthday cards - based on this set of cards I made earlier in the year.  As I was rather pushed for time I simplified the design for this set of cards and I opted for a portrait orientation rather than landscape this time, just to make a bit of a change.  Here are all 6 of the cards.


Here is a closer look at the front of just one of the birthday cards.


This pic shows how I decorated each card inside and each envelope.  I used the same colour on the insides and envelopes to match whichever colour hot air balloon was on the card front. 


 After finishing the cards I thought it would be fun to gussy up a pen to go with the cards.  It was a bit of a faff getting the rolled up paper into the barrel but I got there in the end!


Here are the cards and pen in the cellophane bag all ready to go.


Here's a closer look at the tag I tied to the top of the bag.


A very satisfying project, I enjoyed making this immensely!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lift Me Up' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach & Watermelon Wonder

Patterned paper: SU! 'Carried Away' DSP
Tools: SU! 'Up & Away' Thinlits die set, 'Stitched Shapes' & 'Layering Squares' Framelits die sets, Sizzix ' Rounded Tags' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Mint Macaron sheer linen ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10