Monday 17 April 2017

Three Jars Of Hearts Love Card

It was my birthday recently and one of the gifts I received from Owen was the SU! 'Jar of Love' stamps and dies bundle.  Naturally, I couldn't wait to use my goodies and had to make Owen a thank you card!

I based my design on this fun card made by Nancy Amato that I saw on Pinterest.  I stayed faithful to Nancy's layout but used a black, white and red colour combo for my card and I embossed the white panel with the SU! 'Falling Petals' embossing folder - looks more like hearts to me than petals!  I stamped the hearts using Real Red ink and stamped full strength and stamped off once impressions.  I wanted to add some highlights to the hearts but I couldn't find a white gel pen in my craft room.  I think I got fed up with them not working and threw them away!  I found some watered down white acrylic paint and I used the end of an embossing stylus to add white dots to the hearts.  I popped up the jars and the black bow.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  Usually I place just a white panel on the inside of my coloured card bases but to make a change I matted and layered a white panel.  I liked how it turned out and happily, Owen loved his card!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Jar of Love' & 'Avant Garden' sets
CS: SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Polka Dot Parade' DSP
Ink: SU! Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Everyday Jars' Framelits die set, SU! 'Falling Petals' embossing folder, embossing stylus
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Black stitched satin ribbon, Dimensionals, watered down white acrylic paint

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10