Thursday 6 April 2017

Butterfly Peekaboo Pullback Thank You Card

This is a thank you card I made for my friend Lesley using the SU! 'Watercolor Wings' stamp set that I had on loan from her.  As much as I love butterfly stamps this particular set in the catalogue didn't really appeal to me.  Lesley was sure that I'd fall in love with the set if only I tried it out for myself - and she was absolutely correct!  Thanks to Lesley kindly allowing me to try her stamp set the 'Watercolor Wings'  set has been added to my craft room stash.  Lesley knows me too well!

Here's the card and envelope together.


Pinterest provided this inspiration for my card, many thanks to Lyssa.  I watched this fab YouTube video from Wendy Klein to get an idea of how to make a peekaboo pullback.  I made a Pool Party A6 sized card base and I used paper from the 'Floral Boutique' pack for the peekaboo pullback section. I stamped the solid butterfly in Pool Party ink, the wing edges in stamped off once Night of Navy ink and the centre pattern and body in full strength Night of Navy ink.

I stamped the three butterfly wing stamps first, I die cut the butterfly shape after that and then I stamped the butterfly body.  This proved to be the winning sequence for me to get great alignment so I'll stick to this sequence!

After stamping the sentiment I folded the wings up, glued the butterfly body flat to the card and put Dimensionals under the wings with the backing paper left on so the wings stay popped up.  I added some rhinestone jewels to the wings to finiish the front.


Here's the inside of the card with a smaller butterfly from the 'Watercolor Wings' set.  Sorry for the poor photo - I had to snap in a hurry and had already given the card to Lesley when I realised this wasn't a good photo!  


Out came my fab Envelope Punch Board and using a different patterned paper from the 'Floral Boutique' DSP pack I'd made a pretty envelope in a jiffy.  I added a strip of Night of Navy CS, popped up a Pool Party name label and added some bling.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Watercolor Wings' & 'Flourishing Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Pool Party, Night of Navy & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Floral Boutique' DSP
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Bold Butterfly' Framelits, 'Butterflies' Thinlits & 'Project Life Cards & Labels' Framelits die sets, Envelope Punch Board
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10