Saturday 8 April 2017

Avant Garden Thanks Card

The SU! 'Avant Garden' set was my final Sale-A-Bration choice.  The set didn't do a great deal for me until I saw lots of pretty 'Avant Garden' cards on Pinterest and now I've used it I realise what a lovely set it is!

The spring sunshine prompted me to go for fresh colours and I used Watermelon Wonder, Peekaboo Peach, Blushing Bride and Old Olive along with black and white.  As the stamps are photopolymer it was easy to see where I was stamping and so the card came together fairly quickly.  I attached a strip of narrow black ribbon to the stamped panel before adhering it to the black mat layer.  After gluing the mat layer to the front of the A6 sized Watermelon Wonder card base I added a strip of small rhinestone jewels to the ribbon to underline the sentiment.


More pretty floral stamping on the inside and the envelope.  A very happy card to make!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Avant Garden' set
CS: SU! Watermelon Wonder, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Watermelon Wonder, Peekaboo Peach, Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Black taffeta ribbon, rhinestone jewels

Ruth

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Very pretty! The flowers layer together so nicely and the strip of sparkly rhinestones really sets this off! Beautiful card!

01 09 10