Friday 14 April 2017

April 2017 Card Group Projects

We got together yesterday afternoon for our April card group meeting and the ladies made three cards.  I also took along another sketch layout to add to their collection.

I came across this card on Pinterest and really liked the idea of using two dies from the Window Box die set to make a flower trough card.  I just had to make a faux wooden trough using the Hardwood stamp!  I placed a panel of Pink Pirouette CS behind the floral cut out, inked the edges of the white panel with Soft Suede ink, stamped the sentiment, added the burlap ribbon and attached the panel to the front of a Crumb Cake A6 sized card base.  I inked the edges of the trough and the butterfly with Soft Suede ink, popped up the trough, glued the butterfly and added rhinestone jewels to finish the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I stamped the gorgeous flourish from the SU! 'Flourishing Phrases' set in Soft Suede ink and inked the edges of the white panel.


This is Card Group Layout #2 and I used this sketch for the second and third cards.  
The layout is based on this lovely card I saw on Pinterest made by Tina Rappe.  I decided to CASE the card and I added a splash of sunny yellow (Daffodil Delight CS) to the crisp navy and white combo.   The card base is 7" x 5" so quite a large card.  I popped up the image panel and added three punched, shaped flowers with navy rhinestone gem centres.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  The verdict on this card was that it was very classy!


For card three I rotated the layout and made a landscape oriented card.  I used the oh, so lovely SU! 'Butterfly Basics' set for this card and some long neglected SU! speciality DSP.  I'd forgotten all about the 'Irresistibly Yours' DSP which was a 2015 Sale-A-Bration item.  When I came across it recently I thought it was high time I used it!  

I applied Sweet Sugarplum ink to the panel using a sponge brayer, applying more ink in certain areas to get some shading, rubbed the panel with a piece of kitchen towel to remove the excess ink, matted it onto a layer of Rich Razzleberry CS and glued that to the front of an A6 sized Pear Pizzazz card base.  For the image panel I stamped the honeycomb image a few times in stamped off once Sahara Sand ink, stamped the fern twice in Pear Pizzazz ink without re-inking, stamped the postmark in Early Espresso ink and stamped the flower in Rich Razzleberry ink three times without re-inking.  I stamped the sentiment and butterfly in Rich Razzleberry ink and inked the edges of the panel with Sahara Sand ink.  I die cut the butterfly, glued the body flat to the panel and applied half a Dimensional with the backing paper left on under each so the butterfly remains popped up.


More collage stamping happened on the inside panel and the envelope.  I inked the edges of the panel before gluing it inside.  I think this was the favourite card on the day!


Supplies for Just a Note card:
Stamps: SU! 'Flourishing Phrases' set, 'Hardwood' background stamp
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Window Box' Thinlits dies, 'Bitty Butterfly' punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! burlap ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


Supplies for Happy Birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Floral Phrases' set, 'Sincere Sentiments' free set from Cardmaking & Papercraft mag #169 Jan 2017
CS: PaperMania white 7" x 5" card blank, SU! Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Floral Boutique' DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: Woodware small flower punch
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam tape, navy rhinestone gems 


Supplies for Sending Wishes Your Way card:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Basics' set
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Irresistibly Yours' DSP
Ink: SU! Sweet Sugarplum, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: sponge brayer, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10