Monday 13 March 2017

With Love Cut Out Hearts Design Note Card

I made this quick and easy love note as a thank you for my hubby.  I came home from work a few nights ago to find flowers, a card and dinner waiting for me - how lovely!

My SU! order arrived on Thursday and I used two new die sets to make this little card.  I cut Whisper White Thick CS using the largest die from the 'Project Life Cards & Labels' Framelits set and scored and folded it in half to make a 4" x 3" note card.  I used the small square hearts die from the 'Window Box' Thinlits set to create the cut out design and I then cut out a square using a die from the 'Stitched Shapes' die set.  I cut a piece of red Glimmer Paper, attached it to the back of the stitched square so part of it extended beyond the square and popped the shape up.  The 'With Love' sentiment from the 'Tin of Tags' set was stamped in Real Red ink.


I used three of the tiny cut out hearts to decorate the inside of the card.


Out came my envelope punch board and some Real Red dotty paper and in no time at all I had an envelope ready for me to slip the card into.  I like to put name labels on envelopes sometimes and I took the opportunity to use a die from the 'Project Life Cards & Labels' set to make a label.  That was, of course, after stamping the label from from my new 'Awesomely Artistic' stamp set that coordinates with the label die! 

Here's the card and envelope together.


 I confess that I have added quite a few new SU! supplies to my stash.  Luckily, I had a few days off from work which gave me time to spend in my craft room, I had a marvellous time!  I'll be sharing what I've created over the next few days.  Three days off this week too, yay!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Tin of Tags' & 'Awesomely Artistic' sets
CS: SU! Whisper White Thick, red Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Polka Dot Parade' DSP
Ink: SU! Real Red
Tools: SU! 'Project Life Cards & Labels' Framelits, 'Window Box' Thinlits, 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets, Envelope Punch Board

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


No comments:

01 09 10