Thursday 2 March 2017

March 2017 Card Group Project - Lift Me Up Pack of Six Cards

Whilst browsing Pinterest I saw these fab cards made by Kylie Bertucci and thought a set of cards would make a perfect card group project.  Whilst making up the kits I had second thoughts about that - I usually have to prep for 30 cards but this time I doubled my workload and needed to prep for 60 cards!  I loved everything about Kylie's cards so I CASEd  her design exactly.  It's a wonderful project for using a whole pack of SU! DSP and the design means a batch of cards can be made quickly and easily. I'm already thinking of mass producing Christmas cards using this design.  Massive thanks to Kylie for inspiring and sharing!

I decided that the SU! large cellophane bags would be ideal packaging for a set of six cards and envelopes.  The bags are perfect bottle bags but they are a great size for packaging lots of other gifts too.

Here's my completed package of cards in the cello bag tied up with ribbon and a tag.  if you wanted to you could add more items to the package such as a nice pen and a book of six postage stamps.


I used a tag from the SU! 'Cheerful Tags' Framelits die set and decorated it with a hot air balloon scene on a circle 'Stitched Shape' die cut.  I popped up the circle and the balloon.  The tag was attached to the bag with Mint Macaron sheer linen ribbon.


I stamped the sentiment on a square 'Stitched Shape' die cut and glued that on the inside of the tag.


Here are all six cards together.


Here's how I decorated the insides of the cards.


Here's how I decorated the envelope flaps.


Here are the six individual cards.  I made three 'Sending Smiles' and three 'Happy Birthday' cards.  I've cut both of these sentiments from the 'Lift Me Up' set apart as I know I'll get more use out of them that way.







Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lift Me Up' & 'Tin of Tags' sets
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Carried Away' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach, & Watermelon Wonder
Tools: SU! 'Up & Away' Thinlits die set 'Cheerful Tags' Framelits die set & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Mint Macaron sheer linen ribbon, Dimensionals




No comments:

01 09 10