Saturday 25 March 2017

Blooms & Wishes For You Card - Plus Some Succulents

The two pages featuring the 'Blooms & Bliss' Suite of products in the SU! 2016 - 2017 annual catalogue are so, so pretty!  I love the floral 'Best Wishes' card on page 139 and I've CASEd the card to make my own version.

I made an A6 sized card base from Whisper White thick CS and glued a piece of patterned paper from the 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP pack at the bottom.  I cut a piece of Whisper White regular CS to fit the front of the card, tore the bottom part and stamped the images and sentiment.  I stamped, fussy cut and popped up a few flowers.   I attached a strip of Sweet Sugarplum ribbon behind the tear line and glued the whole panel to the front of the card.  I sprinkled on a few rhinestone jewels to finish the card front.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  I stamped the 'Best Wishes' onto a scrap of Mint Macaron CS and cut it out with a die from the 'Project Life Cards & Labels' die set.  I stamped, fussy cut and popped up the Rich Razzleberry flower and added a bit of bling.


Oh, I did enjoy using these pretty stamps and colours, I had a very happy time in my craft room!

Every time I browse Pinterest the pages seem awash with products made using the SU! 'Succulent Garden' Suite of products.  I love looking at all the gorgeous projects but I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't enjoy that amount of stamping and die cutting so I've passed on that particular offering from the Spring/Summer catalogue!  

I noticed that we had quite a large number of succulent plants for sale at Wilko so I bought a selection and placed them in a mini greenhouse - actually, it's a windowsill propagator purchased at an absolute bargain price from Wilko after Christmas!  I placed pebbles at the bottom and popped in the plant pots.  The sweet metal watering can held a candle but I burned the candle, cleaned out the container and I thought it would be a fun addition to my mini greenhouse!


Here's a closer view.  The work of moments - but at least the paper variety don't need watering - fingers crossed these survive my TLC!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Blooms & Wishes' set
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Whisper White (thick & regular) 

Patterned paper: SU! 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride, Island Indigo, Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand & Sweet Sugarplum
Tools: SU! 'Project Life Cards & Labels' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10