Thursday 26 January 2017

Hot Air Balloons Z Fold Birthday Card

It's good to have a card for a male in the stash and the SU! 'Lift Me Up' bundle is ideal for creating one of those tricky masculine cards!

I made a 5 3/4" square Night of Navy card base and made it into a Z Fold card by scoring the card front at the halfway point and folding the panel back.  I've used two patterned papers from the SU! 'Carried Away' DSP pack to decorate my card and envelope.  I stamped clouds on Whisper White CS using Soft Sky ink and stamped balloons on Mint Macaron and Smoky Slate CS using Night of Navy ink.  I've cut apart the two sentiments I used on this card as I know I'll get more use out of them that way.  I stamped 'Sending Smiles' onto the white square, trimmed the square to size, matted it onto a Mint Macaron CS layer and glued that layer to the front panel.  I glued the Smoky Slate balloon flat to the white panel, popped up the small Mint Macaron balloon using Dimensionals and I applied the large balloon to the white panel using an action wobble spring.  I added small silver ball embellishments to the large balloon.


Here's the inside of the Z Fold card and the front of the envelope.  I have to say I'm not keen on the 'Hope your day is on cloud nine' sentiment in the 'Lift Me Up' set.  It strikes me as odd because I've always heard or seen the expression used in reference to a person being on cloud nine.  Because I thought it was odd I knew I wouldn't use the sentiment as it was.  So I was happy to trim off that part of the sentiment stamp and just have 'Happy Birthday', it will definitely be used more after surgery and it's a lot less faffy than masking!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lift Me Up' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Mint Macaron & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Carried Away' DSP
Ink: SU! Soft Sky & Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Up & Away' Thinlits dies set, SU! Simply Scored score board, Hero Arts label die
Embellishments & accessories: Woodware Action Wobble Spring, silver ball embellishments, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10