Thursday 12 January 2017

Frosted Medallions Thank You Centre Step Card

Whilst browsing on Pinterest I came across this lovely card made by Julie Davison.  I last made a step card in 2012 so I reckoned it was about time I made another!  Julie has made a fab video tutorial for how to make a horizontal centre step card.  After watching the video I practised using a piece of A4 CS as I don't have US sized CS and I tweaked the measurements slightly.  Even though I'm in the UK and we have the metric measuring system I'm very old school and prefer to work in inches!  When I came to cut the slits using my SU! trimmer I saw that the cutting arm ruler only has centimetres so I ended up using a mish mash of inches and centimetres!

I loved Julie's colour combo so I kept to the colours she'd used.  I stamped a different image on the front panel - a gorgeous lacy strip from the SU! 'Delicate Details' SAB set.  I stamped two more medallion images, fussy cut the Pool Party medallion, punched the small Smoky Slate circle, layered the shapes and popped up the Pool Party shape.  I also popped up the sentiment label and I added some rhinestone jewels.  The Silver Glimmer Paper gives a lovely touch of sparkle but more sparkle by way of rhinestone jewels is never a bad thing!


Here's the back of the card and the front of the envelope.  That lacy strip is beautiful!


I also decorated the envelope flap using the doily image from the 'Frosted Medallions' set and circle punches.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Frosted Medallions', 'Flourishing Phrases' & 'Delicate Details' sets
CS: SU! Pool Party, Basic Gray & Whisper White, SU! Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Smoky Slate
Tools: SU! Stampin' Trimmer, SU! circle punches, Spellbinders 'Grommet Tags' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10