Thursday 29 December 2016

Moose Warm Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses Wobble Spring Card

This is the Christmas card I made for my hubby Owen.  I wanted to make something festive and fun and the moose in a Christmas pudding jumper seemed ideal - plus I thought the image would work well on a wobble spring which adds to the fun!

I embossed the white panel with a snowflakes embossing folder, glued that panel to a mat layer of Real Red CS, added the gingham ribbon with a snowflake charm and glued the entire panel to the front of a 5" x 7" white card base.  I stamped the moose from the Woodware 'Christmoose' stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black and used ProMarkers to colour the image.  I fussy cut the moose, added Glossy Accents to the red nose to make it shiny (using artistic license to turn a moose into Rudolph the red nosed reindeer!)  I stamped and die cut the white 'Warm Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses' sentiment circle, glued that to a punched black CS circle and popped it up.  Once the shiny red nose had dried I attached the moose to the white embossed panel with a wobble spring.


Here's the inside of the card.  I glued a strip of patterned paper to the right hand side and added a narrow strip of black CS.  I stamped the sentiment and then stamped the three red hearts.  


I used my envelope punch board to make a patterned paper envelope.  I stamped three hearts on the white label, attached that to the red label with black brads and popped up the whole name label.


Happily, Owen loved this cheery card and I catch him having a wobble every now and then!  It's wonderful that we have been able to spend Christmas together this year, we've been making the most of it and are having as much festive fun as we can!  

I promised Owen I'd bake something for him between Christmas and New Year and while on Pinterest I came across a Carrot Cake Cheesecake recipe.  Well, that's two of Owen's firm favourites together in one recipe so I baked that yesterday.  We have our special friends Debs and Mike coming round later on today so they can share it with us.  I just have to add a glaze to the top of the cake and sprinkle on some nuts.  I'm a bit apprehensive when I've made something for the first time - I just hope it turns out a success!

Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Christmoose' set, SU! 'Tin of Tags', 'Embellished Ornaments' & 'Hello Darling' sets
CS: PaperMania 5" x 7" white card blank, SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Merry Moments' DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Real Red, ProMarkers
Tools: Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' embossing folder, SU! 'Stitched Shape' Framelits die set. circle punch, envelope punch board, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-its #2' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: black & white gingham ribbon, snowflake charm, Ranger Glossy Accents, Woodware Action Wobble Spring, black brads, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10