Friday 30 September 2016

Star Of Light Easel Card

This is the second card I made for Jan to make when she came over for a crafty play yesterday.  I used Jan's SU! 'Star of Light' stamp set and 'Starlight' Thinlits dies - they're so beautiful!

I made a Pool Party A6 sized easel card and glued the snowflake paper to the bottom part.  I die cut the plain star from Night of Navy CS, the fancy star from silver foil sheet, glued them together and popped the star up onto a 'Lots of Labels' die cut label shape.  I used the 'Softly Falling' folder to emboss a piece of Whisper White CS, matted that to a larger piece of Night of Navy CS, glued that in place and added the star label element.  I used a smaller label die for the sentiment element, cutting out the same size label three times.  I cut apart the Night of Navy and Pool Party labels and glued the pieces behind the white label.   I added some silver glitter ribbon tied in a knot to the bottom part of the card and added a silver star metallic enamel shape to the centre of the fancy star.


Here's a closer look at the gorgeous star.  


Here's a closer look at the sentiment label.  I stamped the starry swirl in Pool Party ink before stamping the sentiment and stars in Night of Navy ink.


Here's the message panel on the bottom of the easel card and the envelope.  I love the cut out design die and I really liked how it looked on the envelope flap.  I die cut a Pool Party plain star shape, snipped the points off at top and bottom and glued that behind the cut out portion.  I added a 1/4" Night of Navy punched circle topped with a silver star metallic enamel shape


We had a lovely crafty time together and Jan loved both cards I'd designed for her to make.  I did warn Jan that I may well ask to borrow the bells and stars sets again at some time!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Star of Light' set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Night of Navy & Whisper White, Silver Foil sheet

Patterned paper: SU! 'Season of Cheer' DSP
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Starlight' Thinlits & 'Lots of Labels' Framelits die sets, 1/4" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! silver glitter ribbon, SU! silver metallic enamel star shapes, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10