Thursday 29 September 2016

Seasonal Bells Spinner Card

Today my friend Jan is coming over to make a couple of cards.  When I invited her and asked her what she'd like to make she didn't have anything specific in mind.  Me, being the very cheeky sort, then took the opportunity to ask if she'd like to make something using some of her new SU! goodies that I don't have!  So I get to play with new goodies and Jan gets inspiration for using her new goodies - a win/win!

Jan bought both the Seasonal Bells bundle and the Star of Light bundle.  I thought the bells would be great for a spinner card and that's what I made first.  I cut the spinner channel from a panel of Emerald Envy CS, glued the patterned paper at the bottom and added Cherry Cobbler taffeta ribbon.  I stamped one bell onto So Saffron CS using Delightful Dijon ink and I stamped another bell onto Mint Macaron CS using Emerald Envy ink.  I punched out the two bells, glued them together and added a Cherry Cobbler die cut bow and a rhinestone jewel.  I made the spinner element with washers and CS circles sandwiched together with a round 3D foam dot.  I placed the spinner in the channel and popped up the panel onto the front of a Cherry Cobbler 5 3/4" square card base.  I stamped and fussy cut the sentiment banner and popped that up.  I added a Mint Macaron die cut decorative corner which I embellished with a 1/4" Cherry Cobbler circle topped with a rhinestone jewel.  I also added a rhinestone jewel to the centre of the ribbon knot.


Here's the inside and the envelope.   I added a strip of Emerald Envy taffeta ribbon above the patterned paper.  I really wanted to use the fancy scroll image from the 'Seasonal Bells' set somewhere and I stamped it underneath the sentiment.  It looked a bit like a Christmas tree so I stamped and punched a star to go on the top to complete that look!  I adhered two bells and a bow to the envelope flap to finish off.


I then made an easel card using the Star of Light bundle.  I'll share that card tomorrow.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Seasonal Bells' & 'Merry Minis' sets, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Emerald Envy, So Saffron & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Presents & Pinecones' DSP
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Emerald Envy & Delightful Dijon
Tools: SU! 'Bell' punch, SU! 'Pretty Pines' Thinlits die set, SU! 'Merry Minis' punch pack, MFT Die-namics 'Photo Corners' die set, 1/4" circle punch 

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Emerald Envy taffeta ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, 3mm 3D foam tape, round 3D foam dot, washers

 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10