Friday 16 September 2016

Sailboat Slider Best Wishes Card

Nick, the manager at the Wilko store where I work, is leaving.  I really like Nick, we shared a lot of laughs over the last year or so and he was so supportive and helpful during the period of Owen's illness and subsequent recovery.  I am very sad to see Nick go, I will miss him a great deal.

Obviously, I had to make a card for Nick to wish him well for the future!  I opted for a slider card featuring a sailboat.  I used the SU! 'Sail Away' stamp and patterned papers from the SU! 'Serene Scenery' DSP pad.  I made a 5" x 7" Crumb Cake card base and used Island Indigo and Bermuda Bay as accent colours.  I paper pieced the sailboat, fussy cut it and attached it to my slider pull strip using a 3D foam pad.  I used the smallest die from the MFT Die-namics 'Fishtail Flag' Stax die set to cut the slider channel.  The 'PULL HERE' stamp is from a Penny Black clear stamp set called 'Embellishments' - it felt good to finally use it after it's been in my stash for years!  I added screw brads to the sentiment label, popped that up, added some hemp twine and completed the card front with some photo corner die cut shapes.


Here's what is visible when the slider element is pulled to the left - a secret message - I thought that would be fun!  I realise 'Luck Good' looks odd but when Nick pulls the slider he'll see the word 'Good' first so it will make sense then.  It worked out very well that the sailboat is oriented to travel to the left as Nick is left handed!  The beach/sea/sky patterned paper was perfect for this card - I couldn't resist stamping some seabirds in the top right corner!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  As Nick embarks on his new voyage in life I will wish him smooth sailing!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sail Away' stamp, Penny Black 'Embellishments' set, Inkylicious 'Take Flight' set, Clearly Besotted 'Brushed Greetings II' set, MFT 'Label Maker Sentiments' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Serene Scenery' DSP pad
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Island Indigo
Tools: MFT Die-namics 'Fishtail Flags' Stax & 'Photo Corners' die sets, SU! 'Apothecary Accents' die set, Spellbinders 'Grommet Tags' die set
Embellishments & accessories: hemp twine, Woodware screw brads, 3D foam pad 


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10