Tuesday 20 September 2016

Chocolate & Morello Cherry Sponge Sandwich Cake

Today I'm sharing a cake I baked as a gift to go along with this card I gave to Nick last Saturday when he left as manager of the Wilko Burgess Hill store.  Nick was well known in the store as having a sweet tooth, he was particularly fond of doughnuts, cake and chocolate. So I decided I'd bake him a cake to go along with the card.  I made a chocolate sponge sandwich cake, filled with morello cherry preserve and chocolate buttercream and topped with chocolate buttercream and mini Cadbury's Wispa bars.

Here's the cake ready to be wrapped in cellophane.


Here's the cake wrapped up and ready to give.  I used the 'Baked With Love' stamp from the SU! 'I Stamped This' set and various circle punches to make a gift tag.   I tied the tag to the ribbon with red and white baker's twine.


Nick informed me yesterday that the cake was lovely and that he's eaten half of it already!

 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10