Tuesday 2 August 2016

Watercolour Wash Just For You Card

I've been using Lesley's SU! craft goodies again - this time her Watercolour Wash background stamp.  I've passed the stamp onto Lesley now but today I'm playing with more of her goodies - the SU! Sliding Star Framelits dies.  Thank you SO much Lesley, it's very sweet of you to let me use your stuff before you get your hands on it!  Now that I've had a play with this stamp it has gone on to my 'must buy' list.  I stamped a few images but so far this is the only card I've completed.  I've got a few 'works in progress' to be finished off so I'll be sharing those here on the blog soon.

For this card I inked the background stamp with Pool Party and Mint Macaron inks and stamped onto Whisper White CS.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Aqua Tinsel embossing powder - a definite "oooooh" moment, it's so beautifully sparkly!  I trimmed the panel to size, mounted it onto Elegant Eggplant and Bermuda Bay mat layers and adhered the panel to the front of a white 7" x 5" card base.  I then stamped flowers from the 'Flourishing Phrases' stamp set in Elegant Eggplant ink, fussy cut just the smaller portions of the flowers and popped them up over Bermuda Bay die cut leaves from the 'Flourish'  Thinlits die set.  I completed the card front with some tiny Elegant Eggplant punched flowers with aqua gem centres.


Here's a closer look at the sparkly goodness. 


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I love these colours together and I'm very happy how this card turned out!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Watercolor Wash' background stamp, SU! 'Flourishing Phrases' & 'Botanicals For You' sets  
CS: PaperMania white 7" x 5" card blank, SU! Bermuda Bay, Elegant Eggplant, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Mint Macaron & Elegant Eggplant, VersaMark
Tools: SU! 'Flourish' Thinlits die set, SU! 'Itty Bitty Shapes' punch pack, Sizzix 'Ornaments #3' Framelits die set, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous Aqua Tinsel embossing powder, aqua gems, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10