Friday 22 July 2016

Poinsettia Joyful Christmas Wishes Gap Card

This is the third Christmas gap card I've made this week.  Jan came round yesterday to make one and I'd made a bet with myself that out of the three cards I'd designed Jan would choose to make the poinsettia card - and I was right!

I made a Cherry Cobbler 5 3/4" card base and the plaid paper is from the SU! 'Merry Moments' DSP pack.  Jan opted to use a lighter plaid patterned paper on her card.  I stamped the 'Joyful Christmas Wishes' sentiment on the inside white panel in Mossy Meadow ink.  The poinsettia was made with the Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Shaded Poinsettia' stamp set and the 'Classic Poinsettia' die set.  I stamped the poinsettia flowers and leaves on Whisper White CS using Cherry Cobbler ink for the flowers and Mossy Meadow ink for the leaves - I stamped three of the larger and three of the smaller flower shapes.  I applied Spun Sugar Distress Ink to the flowers and Peeled Paint Distress Ink to the leaves using ink duster brushes.  I die cut the shapes and inked the edges of the flowers with Cherry Cobbler ink and the leaves with Mossy Meadow ink using sponge daubers.  I die cut two Cross Stitched Frame rectangles, attached the six stacked flower layers together with a gold brad, fluffed up the layers a wee bit, glued the leaves down and popped up the flower.  I added a strip of Cherry Cobbler ribbon to the bottom of the card and glued a strip of Gold Glimmer Paper over the top.  A sprinkling of red metallic nailheads completed the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I glued a strip of the plaid paper to the inside of the card at the bottom, added a line drawn with a Cherry Cobbler marker pen and stamped the sentiment.  For the envelope front I matted a strip of paper onto Cherry Cobbler CS, glued the strip in place and popped up the die cut name label.  Jan chose to decorate her envelope with a couple of poinsettias instead which looked lovely.


Supplies:
Stamps: Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Shaded Poinsettia' set, sentiments from SU! 'Joyful Christmas' set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White, SU! Gold Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Merry Moments' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Mossy Meadow, Ranger Tim Holtz Spun Sugar & Peeled Paint Distress Inks
Tools: Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Classic Poinsettia' die set, Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame Border' die set, Spellbinders 'Grommet Tags' die set,  Inkylicious ink duster brushes, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: red & gold metallic nailheads, gold brad, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

01 09 10