Thursday 7 July 2016

July 2016 Card Group Projects

This afternoon we got together for our July card group meeting. It seems impossible that we're over halfway through 2016!

The gorgeous SU! 'Detailed Floral' Thinlits dies have been out on my desk since the day they were delivered and it was inevitable that I'd feature the die set on a card group card!  I came across this photo of a lovely card on Pinterest but there was no name on the photo and no link to a blog post.


If I've been inspired and want to CASE a card I always like to give credit to the original designer if I can.  Google has the fab option of searching for an image using an image and I quickly discovered this YouTube video made by Wendy from Perfectly Gorgeous Papercraft who designed and created the card.  Huge thanks to Wendy for the inspiration!

I love the layout and that the plain Soft Suede background really shows off the fancy floral die cut. For my version I opted for an Old Olive, black and white combo and I decided to pair the beautiful SU! 'Birthday Blooms' stamp set with the 'Detailed Floral' Thinlits dies.  After cutting the fancy floral panel I stamped across the top of the panel and used the largest die from the Memory Box 'Grosgrain Ribbons' die set to make my Old Olive 'ribbon' border.  I glued the strip to the panel, cut off the excess with the flagged end and glued that piece to the left side, adding a punched shaped flower and a rhinestone jewel.  I stamped off the floral image once, stamped it onto a scrap of Whisper White CS, stamped the 'for you' over the top in black ink, cut it out  with a 1 1/2" circle punch and layered it onto a larger black punched circle.  I glued the whole panel to the front of the Old Olive A6 sized card base and popped up the circle sentiment element.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


Last time at card group someone asked if  I could make a card using the SU! owl punch.  I'm afraid to say it's been very neglected so I was happy to use my owl punch again!  I chose Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Soft Suede and white as my colour combo and opted to make a fun birthday card with die cut bunting and a present to go along with the owl.  I  made the present with a punched Crumb Cake square, added a hand cut Soft Suede rectangle for the present box lid and wrapped the pressie in white baker's twine.  I embossed the Pool Party panel with the SU! Woodgrain embossing folder and lightly brayered Soft Suede ink over the embossing.  I edged pretty much everything with Soft Suede ink applied with a sponge dauber and attached the bunting to the panel before gluing the panel to the front of the white A6 card base.  I popped up the bunting flags, the sentiment label, the pressie and the owl.  I made the bunting a touch festive by adding punched stars.   


Here's the inside and the envelope - with more bunting and some balloons!


Recently I made this gap card and I really enjoyed making it!  I decided to feature a gap card at this month's card group - but without the two step stamping - I know my ladies LOL!  I chose to use the very pretty SU! 'Birthday Blossoms' set and went with a colour combo of Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry and Very Vanilla.  I made an A6 sized card base, cut a 2" gap (setting the piece of CS to one side for later) and added the Bo Bunny 'Raspberry' dotty patterned paper pieces.  I stamped the leaves a few times on a panel of vanilla CS and matted the panel on a Rich Razzleberry layer.  I glued a vanilla panel inside the card and stamped the sentiment.  I bridged the gap by gluing the image panel to the top and bottom pieces of the card.  I stamped the flower three times onto Sweet Sugarplum CS in Rich Razzleberry ink without re-inking between stamping.  I stamped leaves onto the Mint Macaron piece of CS that I'd set aside after cutting the gap, fussy cut them and glued them in place.  I punched the three flowers, snipped between each petal, shaped each flower and popped them up. 


Here's the inside of the gap card and the envelope.  I stamped the flower cluster on the bottom of the Very Vanilla panel in stamped off once Mint Macaron ink before stamping the sentiments.  Cards with folds at the top tend to slide down when they're on display - which drives me mad!  Gap cards don't seem to suffer too badly from this but I did discover that this particular card did slide downwards.  To help with the weight distribution I glued a panel of Rich Razzleberry CS to the back of the card - perfect, no more sliding down!   


Supplies for Detailed Floral 'for you' card:
Stamps: SU! 'Birthday Blooms' set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Floral' Thinlits die set, Memory Box 'Grosgrain Ribbons' die set, circle punches, Woodware flower punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewel, Dimensionals 


Supplies for owl 'Happy Birthday' card:
Stamps: SU! 'Wacky Wishes' & 'Happiest Birthday Wishes' sets
CS: PaperMania white A6 card blank, SU! Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Soft Suede
Tools: SU! Owl punch, Woodgrain embossing folder, 'Apothecary Accents' Framelits die set, Sizzix 'Sweet Day' Framelits die set, Woodware square punch, balloon punch & star punch, brayer, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white baker's twine, Dimensionals


Supplies for 'The Best Day Ever' gap card:
Stamps: SU! 'Birthday Blossoms' set
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry & Very Vanilla 

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny 'Raspberry' Double Dot
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! 'Pansy' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10