Thursday 16 June 2016

Morning Glories Birthday Card

I've always loved multi step floral stamp sets and they seem to be really popular at the moment.  I have some old, long retired, two step stamp sets from Stampin' Up! and although I don't use them very often I know I won't be parting with them any time soon!   While Owen watches the Euro football games I head to my craft room so I'll have a fair amount of crafty play time over the next few weeks.  I decided to take the opportunity to unearth a few two step stamp sets and get inky with them.  As the sets are wood mounted my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig becomes my best stamping buddy!

For this card I've used the 'Marvelous Morning Glory' stamp set.  I made a 5 1/4" card base with the new SU! Dapper Denim colour.  I used Marina Mist and Dapper Denim inks for the flowers and Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks for the leaves.  I die cut a stitched square as my mat layer, stamped the sentiment and got busy fussy cutting all the stamped images.  I popped up the white mat layer and the three large flowers.  To finish the front I added a trio of silver sequins.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I am loving that Clearly Besotted 'Brushed Greetings II' stamp set, I'm so glad I got it - it went out of stock for a while but it was well worth waiting for!  


My next two step flower set that sees ink will probably be a rosy one so that card will be shown here soon!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Marvelous Morning Glory' set, Clearly Besotted 'Brushed Greetings II' set
CS: SU! Dapper Denim & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Marina Mist, Dapper Denim, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive
Tools: Memory Box 'Stitched Square Layers' die, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: silver sequins, 3D foam tape & SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10