Wednesday 29 June 2016

Leaves Kind Thanks Card

Another of my two step stamping sets got dusted off and inked up - this time the SU! 'Gently Falling' set, full of beautiful leaves.

After stamping some leaves using a few different colour combos I chose Mint Macaron and Emerald Envy inks for the leaves on my card - stamping a mixture of full strength and stamped off images. After I'd fussy cut the leaves I stamped over them using a stamp from the 'Timeless Textures' set in Soft Suede ink - again using full strength and stamped off  ink.  I really wanted the leaves to take centre stage so I opted for a white background - actually, I think most two step stamped images are better shown off against a white or pale background.  I added some texture to the white background with the help of a woodgrain embossing folder and added the sentiment banner, attaching it to the woodgrain panel with a copper coloured brad.  I popped up the background panel over a mat layer of Emerald Envy CS and glued that to the front of a 5 1/4" square white card base.  

I then faffed about for a while arranging and popping up the leaves - I prefer careful positioning to plonking but it does take me ages!  Happily, while the Euro football games are on I have plenty of time - especially when there's a 0 - 0 score and they have to play extra time!  I know two step stamping cards can take me a long time to make so I thought they would be the perfect projects for me to create while the Euro tournament was on.  Owen much prefers me playing in my craft room while he's watching the footie - that way he doesn't get pestered with questions plus observations and opinions about tattoos and daft hair styles!   


Here's the inside and envelope.  I wouldn't usually place a sentiment at the bottom but I figured nestled between the leaves was the best place for it.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Gently Falling'. 'Timeless Textures', 'Thank You Kindly' & 'Simply Sketched' sets
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Emerald Envy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Emerald Envy & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! Woodgrain embossing folder, MFT 'Fishtail Flags Stax' die, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: copper brad, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10