Sunday 12 June 2016

Blue Floral Note Of Thanks Card For Lesley

My good friend Lesley ordered some new SU! goodies from me and one of the items was the 'Detailed Floral Thinlits' die set.  I really liked the look of that whole 'Floral Boutique' suite on pages 76 - 77 of the new catalogue but I did wonder if the Detailed Floral Thinlits dies would be a pain to use as the design is intricate.  I do find it so frustrating and time consuming when a die won't cut properly or the die cut won't release from the die easily.  I can't be doing with the hassle and annoyance - especially these days when my crafting time is limited.  I know that I'll stop using the dies and they'll go into my 'to be sold on eBay' pile so for that reason I'm now wary of buying intricate dies.  I ordered most of the 'Floral Boutique' suite products but passed on the die set.  When I knew Lesley had ordered them I very cheekily asked if I could try her new dies out when I received them.  Lesley, being a real sweetheart said yes so I thought it was only right that I made her a thank you card with the dies!

I tried die cutting using the edger die and without the edger die and both cut beautifully and a die brush made short work of getting any leftover bits out of the die.  As I knew the die was intricate I did use one shim in my cutting sandwich and that was enough to get a perfect die cut.  So now, thanks to Lesley, I know the 'Detailed Floral Thinlits' dies are a pleasure to use without any hassle - oh dear!

For Lesley's card I used the two pieces that you get when you cut using the edger die as well as both detailed floral dies.  I simply glued the die cut panels to the front of an A6 white card base and stamped a sentiment from the 'Floral Phrases' stamp set in the gap.


Here's the inside and the envelope decorated with more stamps from the 'Floral Phrases' set.  I stamped the border on a separate piece of white CS, trimmed it to size and glued the strip under the sentiment.  

The floral image in the stamp set is so gorgeous - how amazing that you get colour shading using only one ink colour!  Here's a close up.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Floral Phrases' set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Floral Thinlits' die set

 photo RoseRuth.gif


1 comment:

Candyce said...

This is one of my very favorites that you have done!

01 09 10