Thursday 21 April 2016

Grungy Masculine Thank You Card

Here is a card I made for my supervisor at work to say how much I appreciated his patience, understanding and allowing me flexibility during Owen's illness and  ongoing recovery.  Hmmm, no girly flowers or butterflies allowed but I felt it was OK to use a flourish stamp along with grungy elements as David has a lovely flourish tattoo on his arm!  EDITED TO ADD: it turns out it isn't a flourish - it's the tail of a phoenix!  As the whole tattoo isn't visible I didn't know it was a phoenix and it looked like a vine flourish to me!

I opted for a safe blue, grey and white masculine colour combo, distressed the edges of the white panel with a distress tool and inking and added a selection of silver brads.  I did sneak a bit of ribbon in but as it was only to embellish a small label tag I thought that was acceptable!


Here's the inside of the card.  The sentiment is from the fab SU! 'Perfect Pairings' set.


Here's the envelope.  I stamped the name using the AlteNew 'Invisible Alpha' set.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Gorgeous Grunge' & 'Perfect Pairings' sets, IndigoBlu 'Vintage Flourish' , Inkadinkado 'Nostalgia' set, Penny Black 'Embellishments' set, AlteNew 'Invisible Alpha' set
CS: SU! Pacific Point & Whisper White
Ink: Memento London Fog & Gray Flannel, SU! Pacific Point
Tools: paper piercer, edge distresser tool, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: brads, SU! Marina Mist ribbon, Dimensionals 


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10