Wednesday 24 June 2015

Two Good Luck Cards

When the Glitter Pot retail shop closed Zack and Beth lost their jobs and I wanted to wish them both well for the future.  I shall miss them both, they were so helpful and friendly, they always did their best to help my class days run smoothly and always did it with a smile.  I worked in the shop to help out a few days here and there over the last few months and they were so patient in sorting me out when I mucked things up at the till or couldn't find things when picking orders!  When I shopped as a customer we always had a chat and a chuckle - a couple of real sweethearts!

For Zack's card I used my typewriter stamp and die set and went for an office stationery look.  I glued a piece of lined paper to white CS, cut it to size and punched the edges so it looked like a page torn from a note book.  I inked the page and the sheet of paper in the typewriter with SU! Smoky Slate ink.  I added the staples and mini clips and popped up the typewriter.


For the inside of the card I used a typewriter alphabet set to stamp the 'Good Luck!' sentiment.  Using my envelope punch board I made an envelope and added a die cut name label.


Beth's card was made using popped up poppy postage panels (I do so love a bit of alliteration!)  I die cut the poppies three times using black, green and red CS and I glued the green shapes over the top of the black shapes, offsetting them slightly.  I snipped the red poppy flowers, offset them also and glued the poppies to the die cut postage panels.  I really love the shadow effect when you offset die cut shapes against a black shape and I thought I'd give the sentiment the shadow effect too.  I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig stamp positioner to ensure perfect placement of my green stamped sentiment slightly offset from my previously stamped black sentiment.  I popped all three postage panels up and added three black jewels to complete the card front.


Here's a closer look at the shadow stamped sentiment.


Usually, I adhere a white or cream panel on the inside of a coloured card base but the die cut postage panel I didn't use on the front seemed perfect to go inside.  I made sure to write my message in black ink!  I also made an envelope for Beth's card, using dotty red paper and a die cut name label.


Supplies for typewriter card:
Stamps: Marianne Designs 'Typewriter' stamps & dies combo set, PaperMania 'Typewriter Alphabet' set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, Bazzill Bling 'Black Tie', silver mirri, page from a lined notebook

Patterned paper: Authentique Crush 'Impression Ledger & Typewriter Damask'
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Smoky Slate
Tools: Marianne Designs 'Typewriter' dies & stamps combo set, SU! 'Spiral Border' punch, Envelope Punch Board, star punch, Spellbinders Shapeabilities 'Fancy Framed Tags Two' die set, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 'Clips Assortment', stapler, silver nailheads, 3D foam tape 


Supplies for poppies card:
Stamps: Rubber Stampede 'Good Luck'
CS: SU! Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! Real Red 'Polka Dot Parade'
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Wild Wasabi
Tools: Memory Box 'Postage Set', 'Row of Poppies' & 'Prim Poppy' dies, Spellbinders Shapeabilities 'Fancy Framed Tags Two' die set, Envelope Punch Board, SU! Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: Doodlebug Beetle Black Jewels, SU! Wild Wasabi Candy Dots, 3D foam tape 


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10