Friday 26 June 2015

Triple Scoops Birthday Card

Jan and Wendy came over last Saturday to make a card and I introduced them to one of my new SU! sets 'Sprinkles of Life'.  Whoever designed this set is very clever - clouds, trees, cupcakes and ice creams all from one set - absolute genius!  For each 'Sprinkles of Life' set sold,  SU! will donate £2 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities so it's a good set to have in more ways than one!  I love the cornet stamp so I just had to make my first card with the set an ice cream card - and a triple scoop ice cream card at that!

I started off by making a Pink Pirouette A6 sized card base and then I made my ice cream.  I stamped in Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron and Pink Pirouette CS and punched out the three scoops with the Tree Builder punch that goes with the stamp set.  I stamped the cornet in Delightful Dijon ink onto So Saffron CS and fussy cut it making sure to leave some CS at the top to stick my scoops to.  I inked the edges of the scoops and the cornet very lightly with Chocolate Chip ink.  I stamped the candle image twice onto Chocolate Chip CS using Early Espresso ink and fussy cut them.  I cut a slit in the Very Vanilla scoop and inserted the candles upside down so they look like '99' chocolate Flakes!

The SU! 'English Garden' pack of patterned paper is SO pretty, I glued a strip of one of the papers plus a Whisper White CS panel to a layer of Chocolate Chip CS.  I stamped, matted and layered and popped up the sentiment element and also popped up the ice cream.  That sentiment is perfect!  I stamped three Petite Petals flowers using Pretty in Pink, Mint Macaron and So Saffron inks, punched them out, shaped them and glued them to the card front.  The three tiny Chocolate Chip flowers in the flower centres were cut out from the Tree Builder punch.  I punched three Chocolate Chip CS circles, shaped them into a dome and popped them up with tiny 3D foam pads.  I added rhinestones to the flower centres to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I love that sentiment from the SU! 'Birthday Blossoms' set!


This was such a fun card to put together and it received a very gratifying reaction from Jan and Wendy when they saw it!  It's so nice when my friends love a card I've designed - warm fuzzies all round!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sprinkles of Life', 'Petite Petals' & 'Birthday Blossoms' sets
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Mint Macaron & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'English Garden' DSP
Ink: SU! Delightful Dijon, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Mint Macaron & So Saffron
Tools: SU! 'Tree Builder', 'Petite Petals' & circle punches, flower shaping tool & moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, tiny 3D foam dots


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10