Tuesday 19 May 2015

Regal Striplet Background Dragonfly Best Wishes Card

I completely forgot to take a birthday card for Monica when I went to card group - I was mortified!  I made this card for her a couple of days later and as I'd missed her birthday I made it a best wishes card.  Hope Monica liked it!

I've used one of my new purchases - a Sue Wilson 'Regal' Striplet die - and it's a beautiful die set I have to say!  There are two dies in the set, the fancy inner piece and then a rectangular frame die.  You can use both dies at once by nesting the fancy die inside the frame die before cutting.  Alternatively, you can use the fancy die on its own to cut out a design from a panel of CS which is what I've done for this card.  I die cut the fancy Striplet design twice from a piece of Bazzill Bling 'Glitz' CS, trimmed the piece to size, popped it up with 3D foam pads over the top of a piece of Bazzill Bling 'Sparkle' CS and glued the whole panel to the front of a 7" x 5" white card base.  I didn't want to cover up too much of the pretty background design so I cut a simple strip of Bazzill 'Diamond' CS as a place for the die cut dragonfly and sentiment.  I die cut the 'Best Wishes' twice and offset the paler blue words over the darker blue ones - I love the shadow effect that gives.  I layered the two dragonfly die cut shapes, glued the body flat to the white strip and popped the wings up.  To complete the card front I sprinkled on quite a few rhinestone gems.    


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope - using yet more die cuts to decorate and embellish!  I'll always primarily be a stamper but I do love my die cutting too and I enjoy combining stamping and die cutting when creating cards.  I may make more die cut only cards in future though as I seem to have acquired lots of new additions to my die stash recently!  


Supplies:
Stamps: None
CS: PaperMania 7" x 5" white card blank, Bazzill Bling 'Glitz', 'Sparkle' & 'Diamond'
Ink: None
Tools: Sue Wilson Creative Expressions 'Regal' Striplet die set, Spellbinders D-Lites 'Dragon Delight' & 'Sentiments 1' sets, Spellbinders Shapeabilities 'Fancy Framed Tags Two' set, Sweet Dixie 'Daisy Set' dies
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10