Tuesday 26 May 2015

50th Birthday Pivoting Labels Accordion Card

It was our friend Brett's 50th birthday a little while ago and I decided to use my new dies to make a special card to mark the occasion - a pivoting labels accordion card.  I bought the Elizabeth Craft Designs 'Accordion Fancy Label' Pop It Ups die set plus the matching 'Fancy Frame Edges' die set.  It took me a couple of attempts to get it right but once I'd realised where I was going wrong it was all fine!  The Pop It Ups dies are designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen's YouTube videos are fab and so helpful!

I used SU! Chocolate Chip CS plus Authentique 'Grateful' papers.  The '50' was made from two MDF shapes which I painted with Walnut Stain Distress Paint and then I spritzed both numbers with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist.  I stamped the wording using a PaperMania alphabet set and I cut out each letter with a circle punch.  I decorated the panels with punched stars and gold nailheads.  To add some dimension I glued each patterned paper punched shape to a stack of three punched CS shapes so that the letters and stars look like chipboard elements.


Here's a view of the card from above so you can see the mechanics.  The labels pivot within the accordion card and the card folds flat to go inside an envelope.  You can add as many pages as you like but I was perfectly happy using just three pages!  


Here's a closer view of the first panel.


The central panel.


The third panel.


I used two of the patterned papers to decorate the envelope.


Definitely a time consuming card but Brett was very impressed with the card and made sure it took pride of place so it was well worth the effort!

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperMania Typewriter Alphabet cling set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Authentique 'Grateful' 6" x 6" paper pad
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Elizabeth Craft Designs 'Accordion Fancy Label' & 'Fancy Frame Edges' die sets from the Pop It Ups collection, star punches, circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: MDF '50' numbers, Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Paint, Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist, gold nailheads


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10