Thursday 30 April 2015

Dragonfly & Flourish Birthday Card

My sweet friend Lesley gave me the Penny Black 'Flourish' die for my birthday - it's so delicate and beautiful!  Lesley's birthday is also in April so I used my new gift on the birthday card I made for her.

To make the background I sponged Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Inks through a stencil and layered the panel onto a black CS mat.  I die cut the flourish and glued that in place, making sure to keep some areas without glue to add a bit of dimension.  I die cut the dragonfly, added sparkle to the wings with a silver Gelly Roll Stardust pen and adhered the dragonfly.  I stamped the sentiment, added the die cut corners and tied ribbon around the panel which I then glued to the front of a 5 3/4" square Bermuda Bay card base.  I added a few sparkly gems to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the card with a die cut sentiment and some sweet stamped and die cut dragonflies.  I die cut the sentiment from black CS and glued it over a strip of Bermuda Bay CS.  I used the silver Gelly Roll Stardust pen again on the dragonflies wings.


Here's the envelope with another beautiful flourish and a die cut name label element.  I really enjoyed making this card for Lesley!



Supplies:
Stamps: Personal Impressions 'Large Everyday Sentiments' set, Hero Arts/Sizzix 'Fern' stamps & dies set
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Bermuda Bay, Ranger Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass & Broken China Distress Inks, Gelly Roll silver Stardust pen
Tools: That Special Touch 'Eastern' 6" x 6" mask, Penny Black 'Flourish' die, Spellbinders D-Lites 'Dragon Delight' die, MFT Die-Namics 'Photo Corners' die, Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' die, die from Hero Arts/Sizzix 'Fern' stamps & dies set, Sizzix 'Banners, Fancy' & 'Charms, Fancy' Framelits die sets, Smoothies ink blending sponges
Embellishments & accessories: black satin stripe organza ribbon, Marianne Designs Adhesive Gems, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Ruth! I am so sorry it's been so long since my last visit. Your card is absolutely AMAZING, as always! I LOVE the black silhouettes with the vibrant blue! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10