Thursday 19 March 2015

Two Colour Cards For Glitter Pot Class

This morning I ran a class at the Glitter Pot for two colour cards.  The cards featured just two colours - well, white plus one other colour.  As the cards were being made with just two colours I felt that simple designs would work best.   So nothing tricky, just some straightforward stamping, dry embossing and die cutting for a lovely relaxed morning class!

When I visited the shop to choose products for the class I was excited to see some new IndigoBlu stamps.  I love flower stamps and immediately fell for the 'Peony Posey' stamp when I saw it so I bagged that one to use on a class.  On closer inspection I decided that 'Peony Pony Posey' would have been a suitable name for the stamp as I spotted a horse lurking in the design which struck me as a bit strange!  I decided that I'd have to cover the pony portion up for the cards I made as a horse as part of a floral image is just too odd for me!  The rest of the image is so beautiful and the pony portion is only small so it's not a big deal!

Here's a photo so you can see the pony among the peonies!


For the first card I opted for a crisp combo of red and white.  I stamped the sentiment and used masking to give me a blank strip where I stamped the image.  I added a chipboard frame over the stamping - the frames are coloured on one side but are plain white on the reverse side and I applied VersaFine Satin Red ink to the white side using a Smoothie ink blending sponge.  I just dabbed with the sponge, no rubbing and I liked the mottled effect that gave.  I glued the frame in place and really liked that it extended beyond the card base so I left it like that.  Mind you, if you did want to place the card in a C6 envelope the excess would have to be cut off.  I added a small piece of Bazzill 'Lava' red CS to the overhanging part of the frame to hide the colour of the frame at the back and finished off by adding a few red gems to the sentiment.


For the second card I stamped the sentiment at the top and chose to stamp the floral image upside down so that the horse portion was towards the bottom left of the card.  I then covered the horse with a pretty popped up die cut butterfly - far more suitable than a horse I think!  I used VersaFine Deep Lagoon ink for stamping and cut the solid butterfly and antenna from  Bazzill 'Bahama' CS which is a perfect match for the ink.  


The third card features dry embossing, scuffing and a gorgeous die cut sentiment.  I embossed a piece of Worn Lipstick Tim Holtz Distressed CS with the Crafts-Too 'Cherry Blossom' embossing folder, scuffed the embossed area with a piece of sandpaper, added the ribbon and adhered the pink panel to the front of the white card base.  I added a touch of twinkle by applying Star Dust Stickles to the embossed Cherry Blossom flowers.  I die cut the Sue Wilson 'Best Wishes' sentiment and glued it in place, making sure to leave some of the flourishy parts without glue so there's a bit of dimension to the sentiment rather than it being glued completely flat.  I love the way that blossom drifts down from the trees and I added some punched and embossed flowers to represent drifting blossoms.  I used a fab Nellie Snellen punch and emboss system - you get two tools in the pack, a flower punch and an embosser.  You punch the flower and then place the shape in the recessed part of the embosser tool, press down the button and you end up with a sweet embossed flower.  I added clear gems to the flower centres to complete the card.


Here's a close up of the sweet punched and embossed flowers - I love the pretty shape and detailing as did all the ladies on the class!  It's best to use a thin lightweight card with the punch as it won't work well with thick card.



In the afternoon we had a 'Hoppy Easter' class to make an irresistible bunny card and matching gift bag so come back later to see that! 

Supplies for Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps: IndigoBlu 'Peony Posey' , Woodware 'Double Birthdays' set
CS: A6 white card base, Bazzill 'Lava'
Ink: VersaFine Satin Red
Tools: Creative Expressions 'Smoothie' ink blending sponge
Embellishments & accessories: Dovecraft Bright Spark Chipboard Frames, PaperMania red gems 


Supplies for Happy Birthday card:
Stamps: IndigoBlu 'Peony Posey', Woodware 'Double Birthdays' set
CS: A6 white card base, Bazzill 'Bahama', Woodware white linen effect card
Ink: VersaFine Deep Lagoon
Tools: Memory Box 'Cascadia Butterfly Trio' & 'Leavenworth Butterfly Trio' dies
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam pads


Supplies for Best Wishes card:
Stamps: none
CS: A6 white card base, Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distressed Card, Woodware white linen effect card, Glitter Pot thin white card
Ink: none
Tools: Crafts-Too 'Cherry Blossom' embossing folder, Sue Wilson the Expression Collection 'Best Wishes' die, Nellie Snellen 'Small Punch & Emboss - Flower 1'
Embellishments & accessories: white satin stripe sheer ribbon, PaperMania clear gems, Star Dust Stickles, sandpaper 


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10