Saturday 14 March 2015

Spring Window Just For You Card

Angela and Janet came for a card making afternoon last Thursday and Angela had asked if they could make a card using one of her new purchases - the Die-Namites 'Spring Window' die.  She dropped off the die to me a few days before our get together so I was able to have a play and design a card.  Once I'd cut the window out I thought placing the window in a room scene would work well so that's what I went with.

The card base is A6 sized and I adhered some pretty patterned paper at the top to represent wallpaper and I used my SU! Hardwood stamp to make wood panelling and a dado rail underneath.  I replaced the birdhouse on the die cut with a different birdhouse die cut shape which I cut out from the Hardwood stamped piece and glued into place.  Using an ink duster brush I applied Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Inks to a piece of white CS, glued the window over the top and fussy cut the window shape.  Angela has an all white cat so I thought it would be fun to make the cat look like her Malachi!  I cut the cat portion of the die three times with white card, did some careful snipping and stacked the shapes together to add dimension.  With a sponge dauber I edged the cat with Smoky Slate ink and glued him into place.  Janet has a black cat, Charlie, so she opted to keep to a black cat on her card!  To complete the card front I stamped the sentiment in black ink - hmmm, it's always fraught stamping a sentiment on a card front right at the end but the stamping gods were smiling down on me and all went well!


I stamped some leafy swirls inside and on the envelope flap as I thought they complemented the leafy portion of the die cut shape.  Angela went a step further by stamping a leafy swirl on the front of the card in the bottom right corner which looked lovely!  


We had a happy afternoon and both ladies were very pleased with their cards.  They're coming to me again in a few weeks time and they've asked to make the dangly birdhouse tent card card I designed for my recent Glitter Pot class.  I said that was absolutely fine with me but I did ask if they were fed up of woodgrain as that has featured a lot in the cards they've made with me - they were quick to assure me they're still loving the woodgrain!

Supplies:
Stamps: Personal Impressions 'Large Everyday Messages' set, Woodware 'Leafy Swirls' set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Crumb Cake, Basic Black & Whisper White 

Patterned paper: Bazzill 'Vintage Lace' 6" x 6" paper pack
Ink: SU! Soft Suede & Smoky Slate, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass & Faded Jeans Distress Inks
Tools: Die-Namites 'Spring Window' die, birdhouse from Marianne Design Creatables 'Ivy' die set, Inkylicious ink duster brushes, sponge daubers

 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10