Monday 16 March 2015

Bluesy Bloomington Border Just For You Card

A card on display at the Glitter Pot really caught my eye recently, it was a simple design featuring the Memory Box 'Bloomington Border' die.  The card on display at the shop was made with a pink card base and a strip of pink patterned paper but I opted to go for blues on my card.

Using ink duster brushes I applied Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress inks to the front of an A6 white card base, added the dotty patterned paper plus a black CS strip.  I die cut the 'Bloomington Border' from 'Diamond' Bazzill Bling card so it's got a beautiful shimmer - lush!  After die cutting I sent the die back through my Big Shot with a tan mat and embossed the design.  I trimmed off a tad from the bottom of the card so that the die cut shape goes from top to bottom, popped up the shape and stamped the sentiment.


Here's a closer look at the pretty embossed detailing.


For the inside of the card and the envelope I applied ink to the die before cutting the shape from white CS.  I tried using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink first but I got a very patchy result, perhaps because the ink was tending to bead up on the die.  So next I patted my SU! Bermuda Bay ink pad over the die and got a lovely result with far better ink coverage.  I love how the ink transfers to the white card, what a great look!  I did some snipping and adhered the shapes, popping up one of the blooms inside.


Here's a closer look at the inked die cut shape.


Supplies:
Stamps: Personal Impressions Large Everyday Messages' set
CS: PaperMania white A6 card blank, Bazzill Bling 'Diamond', SU! Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny 'Frost' Double Dot paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Salty Ocean & Peacock Feathers Distress Inks, SU! Bermuda Bay
Tools: Memory Box 'Bloomington Border' die, Inkylicious Ink Duster Brush
Embellishments & accessories: Spellbinders tan embossing mat, 3D foam pads 


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10