Saturday 21 February 2015

Flowers, Bees & Ladybirds Happy Birthday Card In A Box

A few weeks ago Angela and Janet came to my home to make two cards using the SU! 'Hardwood' stamp.  I showed them cards plus photos of cards I've made using this fabulous stamp and they particularly liked this card in a box.  The ladies asked if they could make one next time they came for a class.  They came on Thursday afternoon and this is the card I designed for them to make.  Not exactly the same design as my previous version, I've changed a few details.


This card in a box fits inside a C6 envelope and I used Crumb Cake CS for the base.  I stamped the Hardwood stamp onto the base using Soft Suede ink.  I rounded the corners and inked the edges with Soft Suede ink applied with a dauber.  The flowers and bees were stamped onto watercolour paper, coloured using inks and a waterbrush and cut out with their matching dies.  I used a clear Gelly Roll pen to add shimmer to the bees wings.  I attached the bees to strips of acetate so it looks like they're flying and buzzing happily amongst the flowers.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a label die and popped up the die cut ladybird.

Here's another photo.


Here's the back of the card and the envelope.  I popped up the die cut ladybird - I love the open wings on this die cut shape, she looks all set to take to the air!


I wrote these instructions on how to make a card in a box if you'd like to check them out.   

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp, Hero Arts 'Flower Garden' stamps & dies combo set, 'Happy Birthday Wishes' from SU! 'Simply Sketched' set, 'good things' from an old Hero Arts set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White, watercolour paper, acetate
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay & Soft Suede, SU! Basic Black marker, Sakura clear Gelly Roll pen
Tools: dies from Sizzix 'Flower Garden' stamps & dies combo set, Elizabeth Craft Designs 'Ladybugs' dies set, label shape Framelits die from Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10