Tuesday 30 December 2014

Birthday Gift Ensemble

I gave this trio of gifts to our friend Gill for her birthday.


The papers I used are from the Pebbles Inc. 'Special Delivery, Girl' collection.  First I used my Gift Bag Punch Board to make a gift bag to hold a pair of earrings. Gill loves rose scented bathing products and I found some Argan Moroccan Rose Bath Soak which smells lovely.  However, the packaging is functional rather than pretty so I decided to cover the bottle front with the same paper I'd made the bag from.  As it was going to be used in a steamy bathroom I then covered the paper with a wrap of acetate.  I added a tag to the bottle and wrote what the bottle contained on the tag - but that only occurred to me after I'd taken the photos!


While shopping in Wilko recently I saw some 4" x 4" pine square photo box frames and I thought they'd be great for putting a dimensional crafty something inside.  I painted the frame with white acrylic paint  and decided to place a dimensional daisy inside.  I die cut eleven daisies from white linen effect CS, edged each daisy with Spun Sugar Distress Ink, stacked the flower layers together and added a yellow button to the centre.  I die cut two leaves from Wild Wasabi CS, edged both leaves with Wild Wasabi ink and shaped the leaves.  I placed the polka dot paper inside and adhered the leaves.  I then ruffled all the petals to make the daisy really dimensional and attached the daisy inside.  


Here's a closer look at the daisy.


Here's a photo of the box frame from a different angle to better show the depth and dimension.  The frame stands up by itself or can be hung up.  I plan on snaffling a few more of these frames so I can have more dimensional crafty fun!


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10