Thursday 20 November 2014

Window Tree Scene Warm Wishes Card

Back in October Angela and Janet used the SU! Lovely as a Tree set to make an inky scene card with me.  They wanted to see more examples of cards made using the set before they bought it so I showed them cards I had made plus I did a search for SU! Lovely as a Tree on Google images - wow, a LOT of examples came up!  One design in particular stood out for them - this beautiful window scene card made by Loll - and they asked to make something similar the next time they came round to make a card.  I said that as I happen to own a window die they definitely could make something similar!  So the ladies will be coming round this afternoon and they'll be making my CASEd version of Loll's lovely CAS card.

The A6 sized card blank was made with linen effect CS and I also used that for the window die cut shapes.  I made the scene by applying Memento inks to a piece of Whisper White CS using ink duster brushes.  I stamped the row of trees onto masking paper first and cut along the ground line underneath the trees.  I kept both the top and bottom pieces of the masking paper, I laid down the bottom mask first and inked the sky using Dandelion and Lilac Posies inks  I removed the bottom mask, laid down the top mask and inked the ground using Bamboo Leaves ink.  With the help of my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the row of trees in black ink.  I cut a piece of acetate to go behind the window and I trimmed the stamped panel to size.  I really liked Loll's way of stacking a few window die cuts together to add some depth and dimension and I originally stacked three windows together.  When I flipped the window over to apply adhesive I landed the front right on my mat where I'd been inking which resulted in inky smudges on my pristine white window so I ended up stacking a fourth die cut window!   I decided against making this a definite Christmas card and went with the 'Warm Wishes' sentiment so it can be used for any winter occasion. 

 
For the inside and the envelope I stamped the row of trees in Bamboo Leaves ink - stamping off once first - and then stamped the fir tree in full strength ink.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lovely as a Tree' set, Crafty Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' clear set
CS: Woodware white linen effect CS, SU! Whisper White, Woodware 'Mask It' sheet, acetate
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Dandelion, Lilac Posies & Bamboo Leaves
Tools: Poppystamps 'Grand Madison Window' die, Inkylicious ink duster brushes, Stamp-a-ma-jig
 

 photo RoseRuth.gif



1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, this is SO pretty! LOVE the colors of your "sunset"! I have these images and I still haven't used them...thank you for inspiring me! ;) HUGS! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10