Tuesday 18 November 2014

Flourish & Flowers Thank You Card

Right now, Christmas cards are my favourite style of card to make, I am having a lot of fun creating them!  I needed a thank you card though so I took a break from Christmas and returned to another favourite theme - flourishes and flowers.

I stamped the label and the flourish in Pistachio Pudding ink and I stamped the sentiment on the label in Mossy Meadow ink.  Using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I stamped the flourish again in Mossy Meadow ink, slightly offsetting the image so that it created a shadow effect.  I stamped the flowers using Blackberry Bliss ink - for the three smaller flowers I stamped three times without re-inking to get the different shades.  After shaping the flowers I glued them on the card and added rhinestone jewel centres.  The font of the 'Thank You' is gorgeous, I love how it echoes the swirls from the flourish.  I also love how the distressed look of the flowers echoes the distressed look of the label - little details maybe, but those little details can really tie a design together!


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Everything Eleanor', 'Flower Shop', 'Petite Petals' & 'Four You' sets
CS: SU! Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Pistachio Pudding, Mossy Meadow & Blackberry Bliss
Tools: SU! 'Pansy' & 'Petite Petals' punches, Stamp-a-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels 


 photo RoseRuth.gif


2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ruth - hope you are well? A gorgeous card - especially love the shadow effect on the flourish - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

Green and purple are my two faves! LOVE this elegant, yet CAS card, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10