Monday 27 October 2014

Embossed Snowflake Floating Front Card

Angela and Janet are coming round tomorrow to make a Christmas card and I decided I'd show them how to make a floating front card.  I was given a Sizzix snowflake die and embossing folder set a few months ago and it occurred to me the large snowflake would make a good floating front card element.  

I cut a piece of Core'dinations CS, die cut and embossed the snowflake, scuffed the shape with sandpaper to bring out the embossed detail and glued a Night of Navy circle behind the snowflake shape.  I cut a piece of Whisper White CS to 11" x 5 1/2" and scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2" and 8 1/4" to make the card base.  I cut some pieces of Authentique blue patterned paper which has a lovely ombre, graduated colour effect and adhered the paper pieces to three of the card base panels.  I  glued the snowflake to floating hinges (punched circles folded in half), placed a 3/4" navy circle in the centre of the snowflake and added the fancy embellishment.  To complete the card front I added four Night of Navy die cut photo corners.


For the back of the card I stamped a sentiment, added some punched snowflakes and made a punched circle and slit closure.  I simply stamped a snowflake border on the front of the envelope. Full instructions for making a floating front card can be found on my Tutorials page HERE


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set, My Cute Stamps 'Let It Snow' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White, Core'dinations 'Harborside' CS

Patterned paper: Authentique Classique Elegant Ten
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: Sizzix 'Snowflake #4' Bigz die & embossing folder set, Nestabilities circle die, circle punches, X Cut snowflake punch, SU! Simply Scored board

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Frosted Finishes embellishment, jewel rhinestones, ultrafine sandpaper

 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10