Tuesday 2 September 2014

Ornate Frame & Heart Wedding Card

My friend Kath asked me to make a wedding card that she could give to her next door neighbours who got married last Saturday.  I thought my newly acquired 'Ornately Framed' stamp would be perfect for a wedding card!

I used Centura Pearl white with a hint of silver CS to make a 5 1/4" square card base and I popped up a layer of pearl CS that I'd dry embossed with the elegant 'Splendour' folder.  I stamped the ornate frame and the sentiment on a separate piece of pearl CS and heat embossed with beautifully sparkly Star Dust embossing powder.  After fussy cutting the frame I popped it up over the dry embossed panel.  I stamped the very pretty heart onto Pool Party CS and heat embossed that with Star Dust powder as well.  After fussy cutting the heart I popped that up and added three rhinestones to complete the front. 


The heart is from an old, long retired SU! set called 'Always' and I also got the matching 'Always in Bloom' wheel stamp.  I never keep wheel stamps mounted though, I cut the rubber off the wheel and mount it onto cling foam so I end up with a cling mounted border stamp.   I stamped the border twice onto Pool Party CS, heat embossed with the Star Dust powder and cut two strips, one for the envelope front and one for the inside of the card.  The sentiment is one I've had in my stash for many, many years and I also heat embossed that with the sparkly powder.

I really struggled to get decent photos of this card - after many attempts I just had to go with the best ones of the bunch!


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Ornately Framed', SU! 'Always' set & 'Always in Bloom' wheel stamp, Crafty Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' clear set, Rubber Stampede 'Wedding Day'
CS: Centura Pearl white with a hint of silver CS, SU! Pool Party
Ink: Encore metallic silver pigment ink
Tools: Embossalicious 'Splendour' embossing folder, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous 'Star Dust' embossing powder, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, 3D foam tape


 photo RoseRuth.gif





No comments:

01 09 10