Wednesday 3 September 2014

Dandelions Friendship Card - CAS Colours & Sketches Sketch Challenge #89

Whilst surfing the web at the weekend I came across a lovely sketch that grabbed my attention, it's perfect to use with my curved border dies.  The sketch is from the latest CAS Colours & Sketches challenge and I hoped I'd be able to take part - I've managed to squeeze my card in on the last day of the challenge!


I've used my new Inkylicious 'Dandelion Wishes' stamp set and a simple navy and white colour combo with a dash of yellow.  I sponged Daffodil Delight ink onto the white CS oval, stamped the dandelions with Night of Navy ink and layered onto a larger Night of Navy oval.  I die cut the curved border, stamped the sentiment - which I think is SO lovely - and glued the shape to the front of my A6 sized Night of Navy card base. I popped up the oval and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to sparkle up the dandelions.


I very lightly sponged Daffodil Delight ink onto a panel of white CS for inside the card, stamped the dandelions and sentiment and added more sparkly glitter.  I'll be using this as a birthday card for a dear friend who loves navy and white, nature images and prefers cards with a plain design.  Rather than stamping a specific birthday sentiment I thought the 'make a wish' sentiment was a sweet option for a dandelion birthday card!  


More sparkled dandelions went onto the front of the envelope. I really enjoyed making this card, what a fab layout to work with!


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkylicious 'Dandelion Wishes' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight & Night of Navy
Tools: Spellbinder's 'Card Creator Borderabilities A2 Curved Border One' die set, Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, sponge
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


2 comments:

Patricia Hays said...

Hi, Ruth! I like the pairing of the cheery yellow with the navy. Your border die is fabby! Must.resist.temptation.to.buy. LOL ;)
Seeing you participate in our CAS Colours & Sketches challenge was a happy surprise! I'm so glad you enjoyed working with my sketch. I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge!

karen h said...

Wonderful card - love how you decorated the inside and envelope too! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

01 09 10