Friday 22 August 2014

Flowers Thank You Card - Freshly Made Sketches 150 Challenge

Whilst looking at Pinterest I came across a sketch layout that really caught my eye.  When I found it was the current challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches I had to play along!  

 

I rotated the sketch and made a portrait oriented card.  I cut a piece off the front of my Pool Party A6 sized card base so that the flowers would extend beyond the edge.  I glued a panel of Whisper White CS inside the card.  Mixed Bunch, Flower Shop and Petite Petals sets were used to make my flowers which I stamped with Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay inks.  The black circles for the flower centres were cut from the Owl Builder punch and I applied Crystal Effects to make them glossy.  To make the sentiment banner I cut Bermuda Bay CS using the large die from the Apothecary Accents set and I cut off the top and bottom pieces of the shape.  After gluing the banner in place I added a strip of Basic Black CS to the side of the card front and popped up the flowers.  A large rhinestone on the banner was the finishing touch for the card front.


Here's a closer look at the glossy flower centres.


As always, I decorated the inside of the card... 


... and the envelope. 


What a fab layout, I really enjoyed using this sketch!  I'll have to try it again with the original landscape orientation.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Mixed Bunch', 'Flower Shop', 'Petite Petals' & 'Sassy Salutations' sets
CS: SU! Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight & Basic Black
Tools: SU! 'Blossom', 'Pansy', 'Petite Petals' & 'Owl Builder' punches, SU! 'Apothecary Accents' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects, Rhinestone Jewel, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet sweet flowers! retry card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Amy O said...

Very pretty! I love how the flowers hang over the edge, and I love the pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

What a great flip on the sketch! Love the colors on these flowers! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

01 09 10