Wednesday 16 July 2014

Bubble Wrap & Blooms Hello Card

My friend Wendy wanted a Minion card kit so I made the kit up for her and popped it in the post.  I made this hello note card to accompany the kit.  I inked the Bubble Wrap background stamp with Bundled Sage Distress Ink, dabbed Peeled Paint Distress Ink randomly over the top with a sponge dauber and stamped the image onto the front of a white A6 card base.  For the pink blooms I inked a flower stamp from the SU! Mixed Bunch set with Pretty in Pink ink and added Strawberry Slush ink around the edges with a sponge dauber.  I stamped three Strawberry Slush Petite Petals flowers and punched all the blooms out.  On the larger flowers I  snipped between the petals and added a bit of shaping.  I glued the small flowers on and added pale green iridescent gems.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with an oval punch, inked the edges with Peeled Paint ink and popped up the oval.  I popped up all three blooms too.  I love pink and green together, it always seems a happy combo to me!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  For the inside I stamped three flowers in Strawberry Slush ink without re-inking to get different shades of pink - I love how that looks!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Mixed Bunch' & 'Petite Petals' sets, Creative Expressions 'Bubble Wrap' A6 stamp, Crafty Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Whisper White
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Bundled Sage & Peeled Paint Distress Inks, SU!Pretty in Pink & Strawberry Slush
Tools: SU! 'Blossom' & 'Petite Petals' punches, SU! oval punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania iridescent gems, SU! Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif



1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

TOTALLY love it, Ruth! The colors are super fabulous! Your work never ceases to amaze me. :) HUGS! Mynn xx

01 09 10