Saturday 7 June 2014

Robins Merriest Wishes Card - 52 {C}CT June Sketch Challenge

We always start a new month of challenges with a sketch at 52 {C}CT and here is the sketch we'd like you to use this week. It's a real goodie I think!  You can substitute shapes, rotate the sketch and make a square or rectangular card - as long as the basic layout comes through to us, it's all good!

 

I made a 5 3/4" square card from Garden Green CS and glued Real Red CS strips to a Very Vanilla mat layer.  Before gluing the layer to the card front I added strips of ribbon and I then got my Christmas Robins stamp set out and the fun started!  Classic and elegant is my most used card style but every now and then I love to put a cute and fun card together.  This was a joy to make, I smiled the whole time - who wouldn't working with those sweet images?!    All the images were stamped in VersaFine Black ink onto watercolour paper, heat embossed with clear powder, coloured with inks and a water brush and fussy cut.  The snowy stump, mistletoe berries and hat were sparkled with Star Dust Stickles.  I used some woodgrain Washi tape to ground my large chubby robin - wow, finally used my Washi tape, I've had it for well over a year!  Instead of adding a bow to my main image I added the stocking, tucking the top of the stocking's hanging loop between the square layers.  I used foam tape to pop the square and stocking up - the large chubby robin is also popped up.   I used a white gel pen to add highlights to the holly berries to complete the card front.


No fussy cutting for inside the card as I cut a panel of watercolour paper and stamped and coloured directly onto that.  I do love stamping the little robin so he sits atop the snowy stump so that's what  I used to decorate the envelope flap! 


June as the 6th month means we're halfway through the year, all those playing along with us at 52 {C}CT regularly will already have a good sized Christmas card stash.  To those people I'd say, very well done and keep up the good work!

I've shared this photo before on my blog but I think it's worth sharing again.  2012 was the first year I committed to making my Christmas cards all through the year.  This was my Christmas card box at the beginning of December 2012, absolutely jam packed, I had more than enough cards and it was a great feeling!  


To others who haven't started their Christmas card stash yet - I'd say what are you waiting for?  Later in the year you'll be so very glad you started early so join in with our 52 {C}CT challenge this week and make a start on that festive card stash!  

Supplies:
Stamps: Hobby Art 'Christmas Robins' clear set, Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set
CS: SU! Garden Green, Real Red & Very Vanilla, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Garden Green, Real Red & Soft Suede, Signo white gel pen
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, 1 1/2", 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, heat tool, water brush
Embellishments & accessories:  clear embossing powder, SU! 'Sleigh Bells' ribbon, Doodlebug 'Woodsy' Washi tape, Star Dust Stickles,  3D foam tape & Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif

7 comments:

Louise van Vuren said...

Love, love, love the chubby robin! I'm not surprised he made you smile! And the stocking hanging underneath is the perfect touch. Thank you for making such a fun and fab card with the sketch, I am glad you liked doing this one! By the way, I also love that wood grain washi tape, where did you get it from?

Louise xx

Deborah Frings said...

Ruth - this is adorable. I love that jolly robin and the stocking and mistletoe - must have taken ages to cut them all out, but so worth it! I do like the ribbon treatment too.

Danielle Vincent said...

I love that you shared a photo of your completed cards - makes it so real what we really can accomplish by keeping at it each week!

I can just imagine you coloring and smiling as you made this card. It made me smile the second I looked at it too. I just keep looking at all the images you have put on it in such a darling fashion. I think you need to do cute a bit more often :o) Although I do love your classic style an awful lot too.

The inside and the envelope are just wonderful. Thanks for making me smile this morning dear friend. Hugs D

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, all that coloring is utterly amazing!!! This is one of the cutest and sweetest cards I've seen in a while! LOVE! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

Fabiola said...

quel amour de carte Ruth, j'adore, elle est tellement mignonne, tout ces personnages sont si craquant,superbe , biz

Jacqueline said...

What a lovely card Ruth, a fab and jolly robin! Jacqueline xx

Peanut said...

How cute is that little robin?! Fabby festive make with all the trimmings... LOVE it! Sorry I'm late visiting. Have a great weekend!
hugs, Asha

01 09 10