Thursday 22 May 2014

Lilac & Linen Birthday Card

A house a few doors up from us has a beautiful lilac tree which bloomed a couple of weeks ago.  It has such a deep rich colour - almost Rich Razzleberry - and a wonderful scent.  Seeing it again this year reminded me to ink up my two-step lilac stamp set to make a card.

I used Pale Plum and Rich Razzleberry inks for the flowers and Old Olive for the leaves and stem.  After stamping the lilac I stamped over the piece with the linen background stamp in stamped off Crumb Cake ink - I love how that looks with these particular stamps!  I die cut the image and edged the panel with Crumb Cake ink.  I die cut a piece of Rich Razzleberry CS, inked the inside of my Lacy Brocade embossing folder with VersaMark ink, embossed the piece of CS and then applied Blush Perfect Pearls powder so there's a lovely pearly sheen.  I popped up the lilac panel and added the circle sentiment element.  I really enjoyed working with my old stamps and using a technique that I haven't done for ages!


Here's the inside and the envelope with more lilacs and linen.


Off upstairs to gather crafty supplies now in preparation for Angela and Janet coming today for a card making afternoon.  I have an appointment this morning that I'm not looking forward to but knowing that I have a crafty afternoon ahead is helping!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Blossoms Abound' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets, Linen background stamp, 'Have a wonderful day' from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Crumb Cake, VersaMark
Tools: X Cut 'Rectangle Parenthesis 1' die set, SU! 'Lacy Brocade' embossing folder, circle punches, flower punch from SU! 'Itty Bitty Shapes' punch pack, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Blush Perfect Pearls powder, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif 



1 comment:

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Ruth, Just gorgeous!

01 09 10