Wednesday 9 April 2014

Starburst Lace Split Negative To You From Me Cards

These are the cards Angela and Janet made when they came round for a crafty afternoon a little while ago.  They wanted to use heat embossing and the split negative technique again.  Angela made black, white and Wisteria Wonder cards and Janet made Night of Navy, Pool Party and white cards.


I used the very pretty Hero Arts Starburst Lace stamp which is ideal for the split negative technique.  I explain my method of using the split negative technique on my blog post HERE.  The smaller circles in the centre of the starburst are popped up.  After adhering the sentiment circles I completed the card fronts with punched flowers and a sprinkling of rhinestones.


Here's how the insides and envelope flaps were decorated. The coloured "ribbon" was made with a die cut which I then dry embossed.  The die is from the fabulous Finishing Touches Classic 3D Bow set designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.  This set was very, very highly recommended to me by my friend Lesley.  She absolutely raved about the set and after I got it too I could definitely see why!


On both the envelope fronts I just had to put more ribbon strips topped with bows and punched flowers!  The die set comes with two sizes of bows (I've used the smaller size), the ribbon strip die, two ribbon tails dies (one downward tails and one across ways tails which is the one I've used here)  plus a small strip die for gluing around the centre of the bow.  Embossing the die cut shapes using the Spellbinder's tan rubber mat adds really lovely detailing - I'm loving my new bow dies and will probably have to be restrained from putting a bow on anything and everything LOL!   The bows were a huge hit with Angela and Janet too and the die set was promptly added to their crafty shopping list!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Starburst Lace', 'To You from Me' from SU! 'Best Yet' set
CS: PaperMania 5 1/4" square white card blanks, SU! Wisteria Wonder, Night of Navy, Pool Party, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Wisteria Wonder, Night of Navy & Pool Party
Tools: circle Nestabilities die, circle punches, Woodware flower punches, Creative Expressions Finishing Touches Classic 3D Bow die set,  heat tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, rhinestone jewels & Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif 



No comments:

01 09 10