Friday 11 April 2014

3 Flowery Thanks Cards

I received the SU! Petite Petals stamp set and matching punch as a birthday gift and I've been itching to have a play!  I saw this lovely window card on Pinterest, I loved the lattice, the dry embossing, the patterned paper behind the lattice and, of course, the flowers.  I decided to CASE Christy's card and make my own version. I started off by choosing a patterned paper to go behind my lattice die cut, opting for a piece from the Sweet Sorbet DSP pack.  That led to my colour combo choice of Crisp Cantaloupe and Calypso Coral.  I've never been a fan of orange and use it quite rarely but I do like the Cantaloupe and Coral together - add in some aquas and I'm surprised to find that like turns into love!  For this card I've added Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay. 

I embossed the white panel with the Square Lattice folder before cutting the window out.  I glued the lattice and patterned paper behind the window and adhered the whole panel to the front of the card base.  I think Christy may have popped her panel up and I thought about it but decided not to, preferring to add some shaping and dimension to the flowers.  I stamped and cut a double ended sentiment flag banner, added a flower and completed the front by adding rhinestones to the flower centres.


Here's the inside and the envelope flap.


I had the white embossed window shape die cut left over and I decided to use that on another card and then I ended up making two of the same design in fact!  The cards are the same except that I used different flower stamps from the Mixed Bunch and Petite Petals sets.  I used the die from the Secret Garden Framelits set to cut out the leaves and I added some shaping.  I stamped and punched two of the larger flowers, snipped between the petals, did some shaping and layered the two larger flowers together.  The Petite Petals flowers were layered onto 1" punched circles.  I gave the small flowers tiny Coastal Cabana dots I punched from the Owl Builder punch. 


Here's the insides of the cards. 


Here's the envelopes.


Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Petite Petals', 'Simply Sketched', 'Flower Shop', 'Mixed Bunch' & 'Sassy Salutations' sets
CS: SU! Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Sorbet DSP pack
Ink: SU! Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay
Tools: SU! Window Frames Framelits die, Lattice Bigz die, Square Lattice embossing folder, Petite Petals, Pansy, Blossom, 1" circle & Owl Builder punches, Secret Garden Framelits die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 



1 comment:

Radhika said...

Wow!! lovely flower cards :)i always love that you make cute envelopes for the beautiful cards :)

01 09 10