Tuesday 4 March 2014

Blazing Poppies Just Thinking Of You Card

This is a card I made after borrowing the IndigoBlu 'Blazing Poppies' stamp from my friend Angela.  Heat embossing is a technique I taught to Angela and Janet recently and our next card making get together will feature the split negative heat embossing technique.  I learned how to heat emboss very early on in my card making journey - many, many moons ago - but I still remember the thrill of that first "ooooohhh" moment!  It's been lovely that through teaching two newbies I've rediscovered a love of heat embossing and seeing those raised, shiny images!   

I combined a favourite technique with a favourite colour combo of red, black and white.  The Real Red card base measures 5 3/4" square.  I stamped the image in VersaMark twice, once on Whisper White CS and again on Real Red CS and I heat embossed the images with black powder.  I fussy cut the red poppies, inked the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink and popped them up.  The sentiment circle is also popped up.  The fancy edge was made with a new border die from Joanna Sheen and I embellished with clear gems.  To complete the card front I added two tiny red butterflies with black gems.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I stamped just a portion of the poppies image, cut it out with a circle punch and used Real Red ink and a blender pen to add colour to the poppy. 


Supplies:
Stamps: IndigoBlu 'Blazing Poppies', 'Just Thinking Of You' from SU!
CS: SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Cherry Cobbler, SU!blender pen
Tools: Joanna Sheen 'Lace Edger 2' Signature Die, circle punches, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, heat tool, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! black embossing powder, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, Papermania black gems




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 


1 comment:

Rocky said...

WOW!!!! Stunning Ruth. My favourite colours too.

01 09 10